Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on this action

Butterfly Mage

I couldn't see the video, but considering that his site refers to gays as "homos", he is not worth my time considering"

I didn't see the video cause I have no sound here at the moment, but reading the 'ten reasons to burn a Koran' made me laugh, they're ridiculous. You cannot bash a religion by using arguments based on another religion and expect people to take it seriously.

As Butterfly Mage said, these kinda nutjobs are not worth the time.

The video is not available.

However, looking at the rest of the site, they seem like a bunch of radicals who really aren't worth our time or energy. They have chatchphrases like "Islam is of the Devil" and "No Homo Mayor". They pretty much share the same beliefs as the Phelps family.

They only way you can fight against people like this is ignoring them. If everyone ignores them, they suddenly don't have any power.

Working Link

The preacher interviewed is an extremist bigot, and the interviewer tries really hard to tell him such while being civil. Also, apparently, not burning the Koran will turn America into Europe.

This preacher clearly is either ignorant of or totally ignores the fact that the literal word of the Bible and the history of Christianity is as blood-stained as his interpretation of the Koran.

This isn't really deserving of a serious conversation. There's only one side anyone here can take without coming across as loony.

That site is epic fail, I have nothing more to say.

Also, they spelled Muslim wrong

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Oh wait, I found some stuff

"Islamic Law is totalitarian in nature. There is no separation of church and state. It is irrational. It is supposedly immutable and cannot be changed. It must be accepted without criticism."

HMMMMMMMMM kind of sounds like another book thats popular in america, and particularly with a certain right wing political group.

"Islam is a weapon of Arab imperialism and Islamic colonialism. Wherever Islam has or gains political power, Christians, Jews and all non-Moslems receive persecution, discrimination, are forced to convert. There are massacres and churches, synagogues, temples and other places of worship are destroyed."

Sounds like a problem with the people following the religion, not the religion itself.

I think it's stupid to waste money on a book just to burn it.

However, they can burn quran's if they like but it won't do anything for the long term for them or anyone else.

Butterfly Mage

The problem with modern-day Islam is that they try to follow the nut-house rules the Koran proffers. Christianity is chock full of violent suggestions in the old Testament, but most Christians are willing to overlook the command to slay idolators and fornicators (it's easier to stay out of jail that way).

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    Also, apparently, not burning the Koran will turn America into Europe.
    The video is not available, and WOW.... Stop there for a second. If this is true, we should lock up this holy book of them as savely as possible :p

But seriously: just another person screaming for attention by saying things they don't know anything about.