Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who actually believes in the Tea Party?

vantran

Default Who actually believes in the Tea Party?

Discussion open to all, Americans and non-Americans. Constructive posts please

Butterfly Mage

The Tea Party is just "GOP" but even more to the right. They are a very scary organization.

Personally, I don't think the elderly and disabled should starve.

The tea party is a hypocritical bunch of ancient conservatives mixed in lightly with some younger displaced hard line republicans. They seem to range from oblivious to crazy, and the very idea of them carrying any political weight should be horrifying to a sane individual. They also come across as, by far, one of the least well informed political groups I have ever seen, and that is saying a lot in the realm of extreme political views.

I sort of believe. But I never am compleatly sure.

The funniest thing I have ever heard from a Tea Party candidate was to get rid of the Federal Income Tax. Sounds nice, but how would you pay for: roads, schools, hospitals, police, fire fighters, and the military? Its funny, these yahoos say they support our fighting men and women, but they don't want to support them.

The Tea Party I think doesn't have a set agenda nor are all members of it share the same thought process or ideas. Thinking such things is like thinking all democrats are pro-life, or all Christians hate gays or that all gay men only like it up the... well you get it.

I don't see the tea party as a political party.. just a big group of people who dislike the way things are going in their local,state and national government. I don't foresee them coming a 3rd party and even if they do, it would be a "joke" party like the Green party is. If anything they would fit into a right winged, libertarian party. But then again I highly doubt every single one is a republican or libertarian.

Also what do you mean believe in the Tea Party, do you mean support it or think there's a group of people out there that call themselves tea party members?

The Tea Party started as a group against overly controling big government but got taken over by self serving wealthy right radicals who forgot the reasons for the origonal Tea Party over two hungred years ago.
    Any power corrupts it seams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    The Tea Party started as a group against overly controling big government but got taken over by self serving wealthy right radicals who forgot the reasons for the origonal Tea Party over two hungred years ago.
    Any power corrupts it seams.
    Absolute power, corrupts absolutely.