Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bed ideas?

Default Bed ideas?

Okay, just wondering what ideas people have for this. I currently have a small bed...not sure if it's a twin or a single, but anyway...I was buying a new bed for the place I'm moving into...Well between me and my family we found a good deal and that's what I was going to go with. So like I go and buy a new cover for it and stuff and just bid on something on ebay for it...Of course it won't fit a double...But anyway, at the last minute they found a nice new double for LESS...And it's like name brand and everything on sale for like 1/2 price...and it's a double...My thing is, I don't know what to do, because I've already pretty-much won the auction and my cover and everything was expensive (because it was cute of course! lol)...So I'm losing out on that...(I didn't bring these points up with my family mind you)...But I'm actually going to have to buy things all over again...Not only that, I don't know where to find cute kids' patterns for a double...I was even thinking to get two twins (they are on sale for the good brand too) and get a set for each, and then just get a cover for over both...It's kind of a babyfication of my room thing I've been waiting for since I was planning on getting the new bed...(like who wants just a plain bed with a plain cover? I want something cute!) Anyway, so there it is...I figure someone might have a better idea than me here. Thanks.

Well if you allready won the auction, or it's just getting close, you can either resell the item when you get it, or like all e-bay auctions someone always bids on it just before the auction closes.

I had stuff won and someone bid higher at the last seconds, I think it's a ploy to get you to bid again, just wait and see, worse comes to worse you have something you can resell, or use as is.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    or use as is.
    Well no, that's the point. If I go with the double, I can't.

what are the bed dimensions? maybe you can slap one together yourself if you have the time. Its a stretch, but i would sell the one you just bought and start looking for another...

Why don't you post the size and see if someone will buy it, that way you just get your money back and the new owner pays what you paid + shipping, it dosn't cost that much to ship to the US, I shipped a sleeper to a guy from canada, and it wasn't all that much, it took a hell of a long time, but it was cheap.

No place here would ship to canada, so I shipped it for him, no big deal.

if you want the cute design on the single why not buy a plain contrasting double and then sew the single on to it centrally as a sort of picture quilt look.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    Why don't you post the size and see if someone will buy it, that way you just get your money back and the new owner pays what you paid + shipping, it dosn't cost that much to ship to the US, I shipped a sleeper to a guy from canada, and it wasn't all that much, it took a hell of a long time, but it was cheap.

No place here would ship to canada, so I shipped it for him, no big deal.
    Yeah it actually costs us about double for shipping from canada to the US versus from US to canada...CanadaPost is expensive in comparison. Either way, it is an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by falan54 View Post
    if you want the cute design on the single why not buy a plain contrasting double and then sew the single on to it centrally as a sort of picture quilt look.
    I'm not quite sure I know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by TallestBabyEver View Post
    what are the bed dimensions? maybe you can slap one together yourself if you have the time. Its a stretch, but i would sell the one you just bought and start looking for another...
    Ya, looks like I'd have to...Aww...But ya, you mean make my own thing for my bed?

daria7483

You can find tons of cute kids patterns for doubles pretty cheaply at stores like Target, Wal-Mart and Bed Bath & Beyond. Lots of people are buying full-size beds for their young kids these days (spoiled brats). I would get the new double and just eat your losses. You may be able to re-sell what you've bought on ebay or craigslist, or maybe even somebody here might be interested.

I slept in a twin size bed until I was 22 and that was WAY too long, especially since I dated a guy in college who also owned a twin and sleepovers were uncomfortable. Once you have a full you will realize how much better it is. Getting rid of my twin was a bummer because I did have lots of cute sheets and comforters, but I could never go back to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by babykat
    I was even thinking to get two twins (they are on sale for the good brand too)
    hey.... buying children is wrong!!!!!
    haha jk

i have these sheets with dogs and cats and stuff on them. theyre cool. you should check ebay or amazon.

Fwiw twin and single are different names for the same bed size.