Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much does a diaper rash hurt?

Default How much does a diaper rash hurt?

My baby cousin just got diaper rash and he cried like crazy. And he's a mellow baby. So that got me wondering how much a diaper rash hurts someone.

I would think that I could be pretty painful (I wouldn't know i have never gotten it) and if you keep using diapers im sure it could get quite bad.... which leads me to a question. What are you supposed to use down there to help prevent this sort of thing anyway? A brand name would be helpful, I have heard of creams and such (I hear powder doesn't help...) and something called desitin (sp?).

Petroleum jelly? maybe? i know it mentions diaper rash on its label. (Dont ask why i needed petroleum jelly....)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade6 View Post
    I would think that I could be pretty painful (I wouldn't know i have never gotten it) and if you keep using diapers im sure it could get quite bad.... which leads me to a question. What are you supposed to use down there to help prevent this sort of thing anyway? A brand name would be helpful, I have heard of creams and such (I hear powder doesn't help...) and something called desitin (sp?).
    IDK, not a parent. Just a cousin.

nate123

i've never gotten one but i have gotten an athletic supporter rash and if it's anything like that, than yeah it's painful.

Quote Originally Posted by nate123 View Post
    i've never gotten one but i have gotten an athletic supporter rash and if it's anything like that, than yeah it's painful.
    like an "Oh my god! This hurts like hell!" kinda painful, or a kinda painful where tears run down your cheeks, or in between?

nate123

well you kinda wanna cry but then you realize that you're like waddling around the field so your legs don't rub against the supporter and then you just have to laugh at yourself.

well you kinda wanna cry but then you realize that you're like waddling around the field so your legs don't rub against the supporter and then you just have to laugh at yourself.
    So we're talkin leanin toward the first one?

nate123

yeah pretty much

yeah pretty much
    alright, thanks!