Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble Getting to sleep?

Default Trouble Getting to sleep?

Alright I've always had trouble falling asleep ever since I was a kid... I think it's partially due to me not using enough energy and having difficulty turning my mind off. Sucking on my paci and being diapered help a bit but still don't and I often find myself being bored an hour later still awake after trying to fall asleep. So To force myself to get sleepy I spend nights on forums or reading stories or cracked.com articles and what not. Problem is I end up falling asleep at 3AM at times....

not that big of an issue but I have to wake up at around 6AM to take my fiancee to college (train station) so that then I can go to my university.... But I have trouble sleeping and regardless of how early i woke up the morning before I will go back to bed Late! So I'm having issues! Good thing is I'm gonna wake up on my own.. and I find that I sleep a bit lighter when diapered and I have goodnites so I'm planning on using those to try to set my mind at ease and wake up earlier..... also sucking on a Paci (nuk 5) to comfort me at night... I have to be little every night to even remotely get asleep it's something that I kind of need to manage sleep now.I can't be big and sleep just won't work. So yeah.... that's why I have had issues waking up for school and falling asleep before. People might catch me in the act! So I'm just trying to think of what I need to do find a happy medium.

I have had similar problems all my life, Try rooibos tea, I tried recently and it seems to help me get to sleep.

If you're more adventurous a puff or two of some weed will definitely slow your mind down, but don't rely on it

Quote Originally Posted by kc85 View Post
    I have had similar problems all my life, Try rooibos tea, I tried recently and it seems to help me get to sleep.

If you're more adventurous a puff or two of some weed will definitely slow your mind down, but don't rely on it
    Ah... I don't do drugs.... So yeah that's not part of what I want.

Any non-caffeine tea with milk and honey helps me alot. Tension Tamer is a good one, because it's not very strong so you don't need a pound of sugar to make it taste good. Also, making a list of all the things I need to do the next day let's me get most of the things I'm thinking about off my mind. A third thing I do is lay on my back, and go through and relax my muscles one by one. I relax my toes, then my ankles, calves, all the way up to my neck muscles. Takes a few minutes, and helps calm your breathing and heart rate, and distracts your mind. Hope one of these helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Takkun View Post
    Any non-caffeine tea with milk and honey helps me alot. Tension Tamer is a good one, because it's not very strong so you don't need a pound of sugar to make it taste good. Also, making a list of all the things I need to do the next day let's me get most of the things I'm thinking about off my mind. A third thing I do is lay on my back, and go through and relax my muscles one by one. I relax my toes, then my ankles, calves, all the way up to my neck muscles. Takes a few minutes, and helps calm your breathing and heart rate, and distracts your mind. Hope one of these helps.
    I just can't stand tea... I've tried it many ways.... Just don't likes it. But I'll give it another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by kc85 View Post
    I've always found it hard to get to sleep - I'd just lay there for about 3 hours or so before dropping off most nights, then in the morning I'd find it hard to wake up. The first time I tried weed before going to bed I was asleep in 10 minutes, had a full night sleep and woke up feeling refreshed.

A decade and a half later I'm still smoking weed in the evenings. I dropped out of uni, had had jobs well below my skill level, suffer from depression, have become withdrawn and apathetic, was suicidal for a few months and still can't see where my life is going. I'm sure life wouldn't be perfect if I hadn't tried weed, but it would probably be a hell of a lot better than it is now.

It's true that most people don't become dependent on cannabis... but some do. And I'm sure that using potentially addictive drugs to self-medicate is more likely to turn you into an addict than if you're just using them "for fun".

But you roll the dice and take your chances.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I've always found it hard to get to sleep - I'd just lay there for about 3 hours or so before dropping off most nights, then in the morning I'd find it hard to wake up. The first time I tried weed before going to bed I was asleep in 10 minutes, had a full night sleep and woke up feeling refreshed.

A decade and a half later I'm still smoking weed in the evenings. I dropped out of uni, had had jobs well below my skill level, suffer from depression, have become withdrawn and apathetic, was suicidal for a few months and still can't see where my life is going. I'm sure life wouldn't be perfect if I hadn't tried weed, but it would probably be a hell of a lot better than it is now.

It's true that most people don't become dependent on cannabis... but some do. And I'm sure that using potentially addictive drugs to self-medicate is more likely to turn you into an addict than if you're just using them "for fun".

But you roll the dice and take your chances.
    It affects everyone differently, it's probably not the best advice, it's just something that's worked for me.

For me depression, being withdrawn, and apathetic have been part of my entire life with or without weed (I've gone years without smoking at all), for me they are deep seeded issues and I've found cannabis to affect this only in a positive way.

That said its like any vice (coffee, weed, cigarettes, diapers, whatever), you must not become dependant on it, or it can ruin your life.

Additionally, I've been informed it's against the rules to discuss such things on these forums, so I apologize if anyone took offense to my suggestion.

Edit: Exercise, definitely.... Probably the best advice, since I started biking again I've noticed the quality of my sleep is a lot better.

Insomnia can be a real stone <REDACTED> to deal with. If you haven't already, Google insomnia for a long list of items that might help.

You might need to go see a physician, though. Regular and restful sleep is critical to health.

have you tried masterbaution works for me