Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas?

Default Ideas?

Okay so this is something I was meaning to ask a bit before. I never really got the chance or wanted to really, but this is the best place I know of to ask this. So like basically I have been wearing 24/7 since most of the way through april. During the day and at work I've been holding it as long as I can before going, but going when I need to, which seems to be getting longer each time. But...if we start at the beginning this goes all the way back to that stupid night at that party that I freaked out about on here and did a lot of stupid things...Anyway, I realize now that it was because I couldn't feel that I had to go, that I just didn't, and that I didn't actually go afterward when I tried, which only built pressure more...The accident was caused by actually holding it too long...Well this is what I think so anyway now, because it obviously happened again...This time, no party, and no stupidity...Well, none except holding it too long...Well my pull-up at work, when I was wearng them, wasn't really reliable and I didn't have anymore with me and I was just trying to hold it until we could get out of class...I held it too long and the same thing that happened before happened (this time it took a lot less because I never fully recovered from the first one)...It was like I wet a little bit without being able to stop it, and it felt like I was still holding it... Anyway, the first time after a few days I was mostly up to par...But this time it was soo bad because I actually held back as much as I could, which made it worse...Because I was at work, and I had to make it home or to the washroom... (after wetting I immediately almost ran to the washroom as soon as the class was moving around).... But ya...I didn't quite realize even then....this happened again, shortly after...and I hadn't even recovered the second time...Well then I was done and pretty-much lost control for a couple of days...Moderately...Because I was still holding some...It was only small bits that would escape as soon as my bladder would start to fill at all...I didn't actually realize what had happened until it was as bad as it did get...But basically after it had held it too long, it really didn't want to hold it, so if it filled to a point, even though I was holding still, some would escape, even though it was very little, and overall it was still filling even with the small amounts escaping. Someone suggested maybe it was worn out from holding it too long...Well maybe...so what I kind of had to do from then on anyway was wear full-time "real" diapers for a couple of days....And actually by going when I needed to more often then not, it actually recovered better/faster...Well anyway, so it did significantly get better...But still it's like my first warning for having to go (and it's getting less and less) is a small bit escaping... Anyway I know I'm rambling because I'm really tired...But I had to write this out...I was seriously considering going to a doctor or something, but I don't know...What should I do? I mean I don't really know what happened...but I sort of do and it IS getting better...But at the same time, it's my fault and how would I explain why I was both holding it so long and the diapers I was wearing in the day prior? Like I was only holding it because I was trying to make it till I got home, but that's because I was wearing the diapers there in the first place because I couldn't make it from class to break without running to the washroom at least once. I don't know but I think the question here is more to say what I needed to, than for an answer, but either way...I'd really prefer not going to a doctor if I can help it...And besides that, what could this be? Anyone else have an idea? I don't know what's going on otherwise, but I know that, ironically enough, because I didn't get "real" diapers in the first place it actually ended up causing me to need them. Does anyone know about bladders actually giving up? So anyway, besides that, I dunno what I'm asking, but I will appreciate any help/ideas I can get....Even if just to figure out what happened... This is my theory of course remember. K, thanks if you actually read any of my rambling to get this far.

I don't really know what it could be, but if going as soon as you need to seems to be helping, I would keep doing it. It seems like it's improved your problem a lot so far, so it should probably keep getting better until you get back to normal.

I would just keep using you current strategy. It looks like it has helped so far.

As for other ideas, I don't really have any, sorry.

Actually, any muscle can hold up for too long, then just give up and stay weak for a few days. That may just be the case. But if the problem persists, see a doctor.

Ah, so holding for too long does make it weaker. I'm having a similar problem right now, though it shows my bladder is just a bit weaker.

This last Sunday evening, I finally had my hands on a nice big thick disposable, and I held it for much longer than I usually do before I run to the restroom. I in fact held it finally to the point I had an actual accident, which was nice and all. Only problem is, this week alone I've used up all of my bathroom passes in a certain class for the rest of the school-year.(4 more weeks) Guess my bladder worked a bit too hard?

Erm, any ideas for me since I don't have regular access to diapers? I could theoretically just continue to try and make it to the restroom in time, especially since my bladder strength could return soon. But, if it doesn't come back soon, will I be ok?

After reading your post, I think that you have a very good idea of what may have happened. Yes, it is entirely possible to damage the bladder muscles by holding too long. If there is some pain involved in holding it, a doctor visit is mandatory. Since you did not mention any pain, allowing the bladder to recover will probably work just fine. However, you should seriously consider talking to a doctor if it persists for more than a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    After reading your post, I think that you have a very good idea of what may have happened. Yes, it is entirely possible to damage the bladder muscles by holding too long. If there is some pain involved in holding it, a doctor visit is mandatory. Since you did not mention any pain, allowing the bladder to recover will probably work just fine. However, you should seriously consider talking to a doctor if it persists for more than a few days.
    Ya, I didn't really have any pain there, actually just nothing really...That was the problem...Like initially I didn't realize I had to go, the second and third times I was doing my best to hold it untill I could go. It is for the most part coming along fine now, but it's been more than a few days since. My strategy has basically been to hold it until I start to leak again (because there isn't really notice or anything), and then just completely empty. It seems to get longer for the most part...Hopefully that continues.

Darkfinn

Good lord boy... that's a long and painful read.

Now the first thing you need to know is that the drugs that you were taking can cause a thing called urinary retention. I.E. your bladder fills up but won't empty.

I believe this in your case led to what is known as overflow incontinence. In this condition you don't really feel the need to go potty and so your bladder overflows. So what you get is a little squirt that escapes as your bladder reaches capacity. This signals you to go to the bathroom and empty the rest of the way.

From what it sounds like the condition is slowly resolving itself... but if you do go and get checked out be prepared to answer a lot of questions and undergo a few tests (not plesant).

If anything... I suggest maintaining a high level of fluid intake... especially fruit juices, and stay away from caffeine or super-sugary drinks as these can irritate the bladder and dehydrate you (knock off the sodas). Try to relax and hopefully everything will straighten itself out in the end.

if you're only having "little" accidents, you don't need to wear a thick diaper, but some pull-up type breifs wouldn't be a bad idea, just in case.

If you go to the doctor about it (which you don't want to, but you should), then just tell him that some of your urine has been "escaping" on your way to the bathroom. I don't think you have to tell him about the diaper use, but at least tell him about your problem. It may be embarassing for you, but it's a problem that people have, you're not the only one.

You also might want to try out some bladder exercises. Squeeze your muscles randomly during the day, it will help strengthen them.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKat View Post
    Okay so this is something I was meaning to ask a bit before. I never really got the chance or wanted to really, but this is the best place I know of to ask this. So like basically I have been wearing 24/7 since most of the way through april. During the day and at work I've been holding it as long as I can before going, but going when I need to, which seems to be getting longer each time. But...if we start at the beginning this goes all the way back to that stupid night at that party that I freaked out about on here and did a lot of stupid things...Anyway, I realize now that it was because I couldn't feel that I had to go, that I just didn't, and that I didn't actually go afterward when I tried, which only built pressure more...The accident was caused by actually holding it too long...Well this is what I think so anyway now, because it obviously happened again...This time, no party, and no stupidity...Well, none except holding it too long...Well my pull-up at work, when I was wearng them, wasn't really reliable and I didn't have anymore with me and I was just trying to hold it until we could get out of class...I held it too long and the same thing that happened before happened (this time it took a lot less because I never fully recovered from the first one)...It was like I wet a little bit without being able to stop it, and it felt like I was still holding it... Anyway, the first time after a few days I was mostly up to par...But this time it was soo bad because I actually held back as much as I could, which made it worse...Because I was at work, and I had to make it home or to the washroom... (after wetting I immediately almost ran to the washroom as soon as the class was moving around).... But ya...I didn't quite realize even then....this happened again, shortly after...and I hadn't even recovered the second time...Well then I was done and pretty-much lost control for a couple of days...Moderately...Because I was still holding some...It was only small bits that would escape as soon as my bladder would start to fill at all...I didn't actually realize what had happened until it was as bad as it did get...But basically after it had held it too long, it really didn't want to hold it, so if it filled to a point, even though I was holding still, some would escape, even though it was very little, and overall it was still filling even with the small amounts escaping. Someone suggested maybe it was worn out from holding it too long...Well maybe...so what I kind of had to do from then on anyway was wear full-time "real" diapers for a couple of days....And actually by going when I needed to more often then not, it actually recovered better/faster...Well anyway, so it did significantly get better...But still it's like my first warning for having to go (and it's getting less and less) is a small bit escaping... Anyway I know I'm rambling because I'm really tired...But I had to write this out...I was seriously considering going to a doctor or something, but I don't know...What should I do? I mean I don't really know what happened...but I sort of do and it IS getting better...But at the same time, it's my fault and how would I explain why I was both holding it so long and the diapers I was wearing in the day prior? Like I was only holding it because I was trying to make it till I got home, but that's because I was wearing the diapers there in the first place because I couldn't make it from class to break without running to the washroom at least once. I don't know but I think the question here is more to say what I needed to, than for an answer, but either way...I'd really prefer not going to a doctor if I can help it...And besides that, what could this be? Anyone else have an idea? I don't know what's going on otherwise, but I know that, ironically enough, because I didn't get "real" diapers in the first place it actually ended up causing me to need them. Does anyone know about bladders actually giving up? So anyway, besides that, I dunno what I'm asking, but I will appreciate any help/ideas I can get....Even if just to figure out what happened... This is my theory of course remember. K, thanks if you actually read any of my rambling to get this far.
    You are 18 years old... Didn't your teacher tell you about 'paragraphs' during English class? That is a huge wall of text and you made it seriously difficult to read.

And you are too young to blame it on the conservative cutbacks on the Ontario education system. McGuinty's was in for most or all of your entire high school career. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post
    You are 18 years old... Didn't your teacher tell you about 'paragraphs' during English class? That is a huge wall of text and you made it seriously difficult to read.

And you are too young to blame it on the conservative cutbacks on the Ontario education system. McGuinty's was in for most or all of your entire high school career. >_>
    ...Sorry, I know...I really was in a hurry to get it all out, and unlike usual, I didn't have time to go over and re-structure it to look okay. Usually it starts a little better than that, and then I edit it before submitting it...I was absolutely exhausted from lack of sleep the previous few nights, and I didn't edit everything like I usually do. But nonetheless it was important to me, and I wanted to get it out there at least, even if it wasn't as up-to-par as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post
    if you're only having "little" accidents, you don't need to wear a thick diaper, but some pull-up type breifs wouldn't be a bad idea, just in case.
    I can't seem to find any good pull-up briefs around that really work for me. The leak barriers are the worst ever...And a leak is pretty-much the worst thing that could happen to me at work. I did try a couple of different packs of them...But it doesn't even matter now...I've been wearing "good" diapers for a while now and I don't care anywhere near as much.

It is kind of me being paranoid too, but I really can't afford to have a leak because a small amount goes fast like that and leaks. Diapers need to be wet slowly....And from my experience, it's soo hot generally that the pull-ups don't really make it long enough to be useful when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post
    If you go to the doctor about it (which you don't want to, but you should), then just tell him that some of your urine has been "escaping" on your way to the bathroom. I don't think you have to tell him about the diaper use, but at least tell him about your problem. It may be embarassing for you, but it's a problem that people have, you're not the only one.

You also might want to try out some bladder exercises. Squeeze your muscles randomly during the day, it will help strengthen them.
    But it isn't really "escaping" on the way, it just is random for the most part...And I really hate going to the doctors for anything...let alone this...I don't even have a doctor...It's so hard to find one that will take you....So I'd be stuck with the walk-in clinic too...And god that's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Now the first thing you need to know is that the drugs that you were taking can cause a thing called urinary retention. I.E. your bladder fills up but won't empty.

I believe this in your case led to what is known as overflow incontinence. In this condition you don't really feel the need to go potty and so your bladder overflows. So what you get is a little squirt that escapes as your bladder reaches capacity. This signals you to go to the bathroom and empty the rest of the way.
    You're probably right...Ugh, I another bladder problem...fun. ...I think it sucks more though, because of them combined...Like having to go frequently and stuff at the same time...I didn't mind that as much because I was used to dealing with it, but combined...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    From what it sounds like the condition is slowly resolving itself... but if you do go and get checked out be prepared to answer a lot of questions and undergo a few tests (not plesant).

If anything... I suggest maintaining a high level of fluid intake... especially fruit juices, and stay away from caffeine or super-sugary drinks as these can irritate the bladder and dehydrate you (knock off the sodas). Try to relax and hopefully everything will straighten itself out in the end.
    Hmm...**shudder**...I remember those tests from when I was 9... Not fun at all...

It seems to be getting better with my strategy, so hopefully it continues. I'll stay away from coke and root beer and stuff. I've been mostly only drinking bottled water since this started too. Yeah, the acid in some fruit juices irritates it too though...
    Last edited by BabyKat; 16-May-2008 at 22:05.