Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Diaper community and STD's???

Default The Diaper community and STD's???

(This is my first real post so feel free to tell me i screwed up, i am happy to learn and correct any mistakes )

I just had the random thought that when the Gay and Lesbian community really hit the world the STD rate went waaay up in those communities. does anyone speculate that happening to us? Eventually we will be much more main stream (a thing a dread heavily) and who knows what will happen to us then??

This is meant to be a question of scientific base and not that of "lets all hook up der de der"

The trends are already showing that the world is starting to notice us, and as that happens more of us come out of the crib so to speak. So, what are your thoughts on the matter?

I'd say STDs shot up because gay and bi men would have unprotected sex. The tissue in the rectum is much more sensitive and rips easily, making it REALLY easy to spread STDs.

How would diapers cause STDs?

I think the reason STDs went up was because of the lack of information. Now everyone knows about them and has any info a click away. Quite honestly I don't see us becoming main stream, we are of what I would considered an acquired taste. Just like BDSM, everyone knows it's there, but if it's not their thing they won't do it.

Now as for the STD part like I said we all know about so I don't think it we be a huge problem as most people pratice safe sex.

As far as STD's go this is a good point. Education is key and it has greatly reduced the spread of such things. Perhaps then the Question should be: Has anybody thought about any consequences of our community becoming more mainstream?

(like I said, i'm new at this so I apologize for anything stupid. Feel free to tell me.)

The *B/DL community is at no greater or lesser risk than any other population of human. The reason the STD rates started shooting up in the 1970s has nothing to do with homosexuals. It has everything to do with changing social mores. More people were having premarital sex with more partners, and the taboo associated with STDs started going away. Combine that with public health officials starting to collect data on STD infection rates, and all of the sudden, we have a massive spike in something that was rarely reported previously. It's like trying to ask why there are suddenly more diagnoses of Austism Spectrum Disorders in the last 5-6 years. It has nothing to do with more autistic kids, and everything to do with better diagnostic methods. In short, your hypothesis that homosexuals caused more STD infections is not only homophobic, but flat out wrong.

*B/DLs have boy friends and girl friends. We have sex, probably just as much as non-*B/DLs. So I don't really know what you mean when you ask "What are the consequences of our community becoming more mainstream". Unless you think that all of us are shut-ins with no contact to the outside world, your question doesn't make sense. So, since most of us are already engaged in the larger world (I'm sorry for you, if you aren't) there won't be any "consequences" to us becoming "mainstream" because we already are. Just because for most of us, this particular facet of our lives isn't out there for everyone to see, doesn't mean we are some strange, insular group.

Hey now, I meant nothing demeaning towards any community of people. I am sorry if you took it that way and I'll work on my phrasing.

I don't believe we are all shut ins at all. I myself was a teacher and a civil servant, so I have seen what happens to people who are different first hand. I asked the question of consequences because for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction and I thought it would make a good discussion topic. Not to insight hate or discontent.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyScrat View Post
    Hey now, I meant nothing demeaning towards any community of people. I am sorry if you took it that way and I'll work on my phrasing.

I don't believe we are all shut ins at all. I myself was a teacher and a civil servant, so I have seen what happens to people who are different first hand. I asked the question of consequences because for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction and I thought it would make a good discussion topic. Not to insight hate or discontent.
    1) incite*
    2) What connect do you see for diapers to STDs? Unless someone sneaks HIV soaked SAP into the diaper during production. Dum dum duuuuuuuuuuum?

1. Okay so I'm an idiot, I'll just say it first huh?

2. Thank you for the spell check.

3. I suppose i was just wondering what people thought if there would be a correlation between a fetish culture rising in popularity to the rate of STD spread.

I was thinking way to far past of the realm of believability where one day, maybe, there will be *B/DL bars and clubs and such. Where the internet won't be there premier place to find anybody to talk to. where people won't grow up thinking they are completely screwed up until they find they are not alone....

Perhaps in that realm of the future, this might be a question that would receive less criticism....

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    How would diapers cause STDs?
    Sharing them with an infected partner, I suppose? But don't quote 'cos I'm not an authority on the subject.

The rate of STIs didn't really go up, they became available. Like a lot of statistics of subcultures you run into reliability issues when you have to rely on self reporting of a lifestyle that is frowned on. Stats simply become more accurate as acceptability increases.

STI rates have risen and fallen and risen over the previous half century. For example when HIV was in its prime STI rates plummeted for decades. It brought a lot of fear into the free loving glow of the 70's.

However, rates for syphilis and other STIs actually began to rise after a while. Why? Well prevention was in full swing at the onset of the HIV scare, but as time went on and people became better educated about how HIV was spread and became less careful. The issue is acts that couldn't spread HIV could spread other STIs!

Now decades later HIV is on the rise again as a newer generation, no longer in the shadow of the HIV scare, both lacks education and proper fear of the virus. A lot of younger guys think of current treatments as a cure, and it is seen as less of a death sentence. The thing is if you spend any amount of time with a person on said treatments you know that it isn't something you ever want to deal with.

So it is a non issue. Exposure in this sense has no relation to infection, only in the accuracy of the reporting of infection.