Thread: How have Abena X-Plus been lately?

Default How have Abena X-Plus been lately?

Basically, it's been years since I last wore an X-Plus, and I'm wondering how they still fare; obviously, they're still top of the line, but are they the top? Are there still problems with the tapes migrating/loosening? Do they tend to still "poke" after wearing them for a long time? Has the absorbency been taking down a notch?

Basically, I'm deciding between at least a case of Active Ultra Plus (of which I very much liked from the sample) or X-Plus, and since I can get both of them for about a dollar a diaper, I figured I should restock.

Abenas are still arguably the best of the disposables. Bambinos are great, with better tapes and no weeping, but don't hold quite as much overall. Secure x-plus is just bambino with a different pattern.

My bf and I have had really bad luck with Abena of late, and their quality control seems to be non-existent these days. The tapes still stink, and now they weep through the plastic when they get wet enough. I don't mean like a leak at the legs. I mean a leak as though you were wearing something without a waterproof cover. This led to a very embarrassing moment for me at work when my Abena basically didn't do what a diaper does.

I would recommend Dry 24/7. They're a bit pricier than Abena, but they hold more, the tapes grip like a bear trap, and they fit really really well. They are now my favorite disposable.

X-Plus no longer exist, they have been replaced by the 4 series. Medium X-Plus would now be M-4. I have tried to buy X-Pluses on ebay but the seller listing them shipped M-4s and has as yet not made good on an offer to send my the right item. The M-4s are pretty good compared to all others I've tried but weigh less, hold less than the X-Plus.

I continue to use Abena and continue to put adhesive tape over the diaper's tapes. Perhaps the diaper tapes have improved, I don't know. I have assumed that an "4" is the same diaper as the X-Plus, just with a new name. Is this the case? They certainly look the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    X-Plus no longer exist, they have been replaced by the 4 series. Medium X-Plus would now be M-4. I have tried to buy X-Pluses on ebay but the seller listing them shipped M-4s and has as yet not made good on an offer to send my the right item. The M-4s are pretty good compared to all others I've tried but weigh less, hold less than the X-Plus.
    XP Medical - Abena Abri-Form X-Plus Adult Diapers

X-Plus Adult Diaper : Secure Personal Care

?

I have just started using the X-Plus and have found them to be wicked personally

I think the X-pluses had thicker backing too.
    If you remove the tapes on the M4's, you stretch it, and get holes sometimes....
    But I like them any way.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    My bf and I have had really bad luck with Abenas of late, and their quality control seems to be non-existent these days. The tapes still stink, and now they weep through the plastic when they get wet enough. I don't mean like a leak at the legs. I mean a leak as though you were wearing something without a waterproof cover. This led to a very embarrassing moment for me at work when my Abenas basically didn't do what a diaper does.
    Ive seen the same problem with some of the m4 ones from abena but it was only on a couple from a package. you could always call the company and tell them of the problem and maby get them replaced. as for the leaking i always wear a pair of waterproof pants or something over the diaper to prevent any leaks from showing up.

m4? WHAT? M4 is not a completely new kind of diaper. It's just a change in look, but they're still the same thing with really good improvements.

The numbers just mean what type of absorbancy.

1 = Plus
    2 = Super
    3 = Extra
    4 = Xplus (Maximum absorbency)

The letters just signify the size

XS= Extra Small
    S = Small
    M = Medium
    L = Large
    XL = Extra Large

As far as for the improvements, they have leaked on me way less. Also, the tapes are much stronger and sticky. They don't randomly pop. The diaper also doesn't loosen over time like they used to. I absolutely recommend the new style to anyone who wants to wear a regular diaper.

However, in recent studies, Doing the math here
    (These are US Prices w/ Free shipping.)
    Abena Xplus is now $1.37 per unit
    Bambino Classico/Bianco is also $1.37 per unit.

And as for performance, Bambinos are actually less appealing these days due to weaker tapes, and less absorbency. Ever since the last time they made changes to their diapers. I've had tapes pop, and the diaper leak, especially at night. I don't have these problems with the Abena Xplus diapers. The trade off however, is that Bambinos look much cuter.

As for the Active Ultra Plus, I've not tried those in my size yet. I really want to. I've worn size Large and they've done me really well. I never have had them leak, even with higher than average wetting. I like these especially because of the soft white plastic that the diaper is made of, as well as the readjustable velcro-style tapes.

XP's site clearly shows the (M-4) inserted as the replacement for the medium X-Plus.
    Secure's X-Plus is a whole different thing, different brand - make, same name.