Thread: Life lesson.. really?

Default Life lesson.. really?

ok so i want to have a reasonable response to this if you think its wrong please state a ligitamate reason.

ok so first off i am partially incontent so i am diaper bound 24/7 and regrettably messy if not.

ok soo.. i have 2 sistes and a bother sister 1 is handicapped and 9 years old with CB (cerabralpulsy i dunno how to spell it) so she is diaperbound as well i mention this just as a footnote to the fact that diaper wearing past the age of 3 has been exposed.

brother is only 3 or 4 cant remember but he is not needed to be mentioned here just thought i would throw that in there x3

now for the fun.. sister 2 she is 8 years old conserdered a genius at her school level and a pretty good girl. I try to be the "good" big brother that she needs however im MUCH too old as I am 14 years older then her, but nonetheless i want to fill that roll, so i wrestle with her and keep her active but accasionally it get out of control i know the limit but its hard to control her at her age once you add gasoline to the fire.. so to try and convince her the fun is over i lay on the couch and remain relaxed. and she well clings to me and i hold her to calm her.but still roudy shes all over me and pulls my shirt up and notices my padding, and at the top of her lungs bursts into laughter and howling that im in a diaper. so in a vast effort i calm her down and resort to that its okay for people to wear them... does this make me a bad person that i left myself vonerable to that situation, but what elso could i have done if i pushed her away shed want to keep wrestling with me. (by the way my mom and stepdad already know so they just gave me the "evil" stare when this happened)

I don't think you did anything wrong from what you describe. You wear out of need and it doesn't hurt her to learn that people need them and it doesn't make them any different. If you were doing some ABDL thing and you involved her in that, you'd be hugely in the wrong but this is your underwear and it's just life. You shouldn't have to keep everyone at arm's length because of the kind of underpants you wear. Go forth and live life!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I don't think you did anything wrong from what you describe. You wear out of need and it doesn't hurt her to learn that people need them and it doesn't make them any different. If you were doing some ABDL thing and you involved her in that, you'd be hugely in the wrong but this is your underwear and it's just life. You shouldn't have to keep everyone at arm's length because of the kind of underpants you wear. Go forth and live life!

one thing i dont understand is, if you are "partially" IC (what is partially?) shouldn't your parents know and you not have to tell them? or did you tell them you like diapers, tb/dl, and all that, then told them you need diapers out of necessity? idk, im kinda confused, but if you are IC, then your family should know about it, and i think the parents letting the sister laugh at you would be a pretty big blow to self esteem, but than again, it depends where you're coming from...

Partially means you have control over either messing or wetting but that you actually do have some control.

oh my definition of IC was ment to describe that i have no control over one side, but from that perspective it was just kind of one of those things that the parents know only but we felt that the girl was either too young or just didnt need to know as young ones have the habbit of taking that gossip to their friends we just didnt need her finding out is all, all down on a dont ask dont tell situation.

I think something like that is best not kept from the siblings at all, ever, from the start. There are lots of "uncommon" situations in all sorts of families, one of the older members being reliant on diapers is just one of many possible issues. Maybe you have a brother that's deaf. Or retarded. Or dad lost a leg. Or mom had a mastectomy. Or sister's on suicide meds. Most usually everyone in the family is aware of these issues from the start, and nothing seems "abnormal" about it. If this hadn't been kept from your sister she would have accepted it from the start and it would be a total non-issue, she would see it as "normal" (or at least reasonable) that some people need to wear diapers, and there would be nothing really unusual about it and this issue would not exist. There can occasionally be problems if a sibling doesn't understand the level of privacy around the issue because it may fall into conversation with someone outside the family because they simply don't see anything strange about it. "Wow we were visiting grandma in the nursing home last week and she was in a DIAPER!" "So?" "Well isn't that weird?" "Not really? My brother wears a diaper." "REALLY? Why?" etc. So it helps to discuss issues like that in addition to keeping them open, so they understand.

But since it's been kept from her, now she has to adapt to it. You can't expect immediate acceptance from someone at that age. You're just going to have to ride it through now. You're not at fault for wearing, she's not at fault for her reaction, but you (/your family) are somewhat at fault for hiding it. Don't blame her reaction on her, you have to take some responsibility for it. And it's not guaranteed to go smoothly.

"Don't ask, don't tell" is for the military, not the family. Family is not the place for keeping secrets.

I think the others have pretty much covered it, but I'll just say that I think bambinod is right on here. It sounds like there might be more going on then your comfortable telling us here. You have someone else in the family with a disability. Shouldn't your issues fall into a similar situation as hers? That it's just part of the family?

I'm not coming at this with blind advice myself. I have a cousin with Down Syndrom and I have CP personally. It's been my experence that these things are usually just part of family life, and age doesn't usually enter into it. When a younger sibling is old enough to be curious then you explan to them that this is normal for us and move on.

yeah you guys are right just all along i felt it was a double edged sword knowing i also like to wear them even though its needed at the same time i hid them in shame i know that she probably shouldve known sooner i just didnt know how to bring it up at the same time. if anyone has any ideas becuse me intentionally exposing them around makes me want to kill myself its not going to happen, so i guess just bring the topic in conversation? i dont know.

My advice would be to leave it be for now. If she's curious, she'll ask. When that happens anwser her questions as honestly as you can. That's all you can really do.

Butterfly Mage

Your sister is 8, so she'll of course think it's silly that an adult wears diapers. But it's good that you explained to her that there are people with medical conditions that make diapers an ongoing requirement.