Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a toy for a child's birthday ... and wanting to keep it for yourself.

Default Buying a toy for a child's birthday ... and wanting to keep it for yourself.

Anybody experienced this?
    I was very reluctant to hand over a Spongebob story book a few weeks ago (in fact I read it once or twice before wrapping it up). And now I am having similar feelings about a Timmy Time plush that baaaahs when you squeeze him. I will be sad to see him go tomorrow.

I have had a similar experiences with gifts, but not just with kids gifts. A couple times during Christmas I bought two of the same gift because I liked it so much.

that looks like shaun the sheep......his little brother or something....idk anyway yes i have and i regret not buying a second one

Shaun the sheep is a good show. I think it was made by the same people who made Wallace and Gromit so I immediately got hooked on it for some reason.

Anyways, try buying two if in the store you think that you'd hate to see it go away. I've never had that feeling but that would be my solution if in the store and I fancy it as well. Other than that, unless it's a limited time offer you can always go back to the store and buy another one right?

Quote Originally Posted by jackalpup View Post
    that looks like shaun the sheep......his little brother or something....idk anyway yes i have and i regret not buying a second one
    It kind of is. TImmy Time is a preschool programme made by the same people.

There has been many times where I'll go to buy presents for my kids, for example, video games and I'll have to 'try them out' just to make sure it all works :P

Yeah, often .

Then also I buy stuff they want and know a lot more about the stuff than I should do really (e.g. stuff related to modern cartoons, generally because I often watch Cartoon Network and the like ).

yea Ive had it happen to me a few times, really depends on the toy though.
    if its a stuffed animal or something i usually just want to keep it cause i love plush animals, if its a toy with any electronics in it the Engineer side of me wants to take it apart and see what makes it work

About 10 years ago, I bought one of those pikachu toys that talk, wiggle the ears and stuff, responds to 'peekaboo' as well as tossing, and hearing its name. I fell in love with it.... so I bought it for my niece. Wanted one for myself too, just because I was really into pokemon at that point. Wound up buying myself a game boy, and all three colours of pokemon instead. :P