Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diapers=Insanity?

Default Diapers=Insanity?

I've been doing some thinking, which isn't good for me, BTW, and I came to a question.

Do fetishes mean insanity? All of the definitions of sane, insane, etc aren't as clear as I would've hoped.

Technically, IIRC, one way to define insanity is being mentally different from the norm. Is that not us?

Normality is over-rated and area specific. That definition is retarded. And no, I don't think that most of us are insane. (Most... there are still D*****s out there.) The actual act of being a DL, though I'm not on the sexual fetishy side or even DL (I'm a non-sexual TB) is not by any means crazy. I know it's not accepted, but it's not like, a mental condition.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMikey117 View Post
    Normality is over-rated and area specific. That definition is retarded. And no, I don't think that most of us are insane. (Most... there are still D*****s out there.) The actual act of being a DL, though I'm not on the sexual fetishy side or even DL (I'm a non-sexual TB) is not by any means crazy. I know it's not accepted, but it's not like, a mental condition.
    I guess I was just over thinking it. I do that often.

Spearmint

Nope, I'm perfectly sane but I love diapers. It's just different.

yes - i am incon so i am a nutcase! hehehehe jokin. honestly i think the people that try to decide who or what is normal are the crazy ones. Life is life and there are all kinds of things that make us different and like different things. *B/DL is not hurtful near as much as some clown who prays to an almighty coke addict who wanted to sleep with his mother and feels justified in telling other people they are the crazy ones. Just because not every family grew up like the Brady Bunch -yah, one basically said that's how people should answer- doesn't make them unfit for life. If anyone ever meets a "Dr." Ghettys shrink ask her about the time someone told her about all the crazy stupid disfunctional stuff that happened in that show! Even how they got together! Where was the other sided of the family and custody battles? How about the drug episodes and stealing and all the other things they judge against us that was in there? The politicians who lie and cheat everyone just to save their jobs but get busted doing all kinds of horrible things. The crooked cops and judges. These are the people who decide whats normal or not? Puhlease. If being different in any way makes ppl nutcases then by any definition they give it means the American Indians who make up less than 1% of the US population who have traditions that are different means they are all crazy to? The definition of 'normal' can't fit anywhere.

diapers hint to us that there is a area of the mind which can be called unsane, beyond sanity, and yet not insane. think of a circle, with a fine-split in it, that one end is insanity, you go around the circle to sanity, and on the other end of the circle close to insanity, but not insanity, is unsanity.

The DSM-IV certainly does classify us all as nuts, we have a paraphilia. Sexual paraphilias that cause no harm to involved parties are either being removed from the next DSM or were removed last edition. I can't remember. Anyway, we aren't THAT crazy.

wha tha eff? unsane / insane ? in and un both have the same meaning -not- so where is the difference? and why a circle? why not like a bar or a meter or something? i just got totally lost on that one

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

DSM-IV-TR and the Paraphilias:
    Charles Moser, Ph.D., M.D.
    Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality

The DSM-IV-TR (2000) sets its own standards for inclusion of diagnoses and for changes in its text. The Paraphilia section is analyzed from the perspective of how well the DSM meets those standards. The concept of Paraphilias as psychopathology was analyzed and assessed critically to determine if it meets the definition of a mental disorder presented in the DSM; it does not. // It was concluded that the Paraphilia section is so severely flawed that its removal from the DSM is advocated.

Feet, Stockings, Upskirt, Trees, Tears or Crying, Vomit, Stealing, Hair and Pain. These are a few of many fetishes, I think most people in the world have one and are perfectly sane.

Butterfly Mage

I've read that most fetishes will be removed from the DSM-V. Homosexuality used to be a mental illness (even though homophobia is the REAL culprit).