Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreams

Default Dreams

What are your thoughts on dreams? and why?
    Are they gateway into our mind? or are they just like a cartoon show? Does reality and dreams go hand in hand?

LilLillyKitten

Depends on the nature of the dream... I was associated with either a gang or some form of organized crime in my dream this morning. I ended up getting stuck in a bad part of a city, with only a couple dollars in change, and without a phone or anything. I ended up finding my way to a weird little developement with a subway station on the other side.

I don't know why I didn't think to follow one of the people I talked to because I did have change for fare... Terrifying, though. o.o

I think dreaming and sleep are very complex. Dreaming on a fundamental level is how our brains process through all of the information that we recieve on a daily basis. Dreams can mean something (symbology or directly replaying something that is important to you) or they can be nonsense. I think the importantance of them depends on how important they are to you. Are you asking in general or have you had a dream that had important meaning to you?

I have extremely vivid and often crazy dreams every time I sleep, and I usually (and used to always) dream in doubles.

The most obvious explanation is that this means I'm creative, but I don't know how that makes sense when there are creative people that don't or rarely dream.

I mostly always have vivid and crazy dreams, but not doubles.

For the past two years however, I only dream maybe once every two months or so, and even then half the time it'll be a extremely vivid bad dream. Other times, I just wish it couldn't end.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonfiber View Post
    I mostly always have vivid and crazy dreams, but not doubles.

For the past two years however, I only dream maybe once every two months or so, and even then half the time it'll be a extremely vivid bad dream. Other times, I just wish it couldn't end.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    I have extremely vivid and often crazy dreams every time I sleep, and I usually (and used to always) dream in doubles.

The most obvious explanation is that this means I'm creative, but I don't know how that makes sense when there are creative people that don't or rarely dream.
    dreams maybe the topic, but the topic is what are dreams? not what kind of dreams do you have

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrose View Post
    dreams maybe the topic, but the topic is what are dreams? not what kind of dreams do you have
    Dreams are thoughts that occur when one is unconscious.

Damn it, you beat me to it. I was going to say something way more sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonfiber View Post
    Damn it, you beat me to it. I was going to say something way more sarcastic.
    To think, perhaps to dream, take place on several different levels, i mean dreaming of someone juggling dead babbies is not normal, i am just trying to figure out what other people's thoughts on it are

I think, for the most part, they just reflect what's been on our mind all day. For instance, a lot of my dreams lately have been about looking at my bank account balance and seeing that I have no money left.