Thread: The anime thread! ^^

Default The anime thread! ^^

Post your favorite animes, or animes you think people should watch. Post information on the show and a picture or video of it(keep those "pg-13")

If your anime has any type of mature material in it please make sure it's noticeable by using Text like this.

Elfen Lied. Contains: Nudity, Sexual Innuendo, Language and VERY Strong Violence
    Info: (Promotional Poster, I'd rather not post it publicly, still Pg-13 though)

Preview Video:

デスノート (Death Note)
    Preview Video:
    (You guys who are also fans of the show are going to like this: )

Could you (or anyone) recommend any other awesome anime/manga series other than Naruto, Bleach or FMA... they're the only ones i've seen, being the more mainstream ones, but I really wanna see something new and different... ^^,

Loituma Girl
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Loituma Girl (also known as Leekspin) is a Flash animation set to a gibberish section of the traditional Finnish folk song "Ievan Polkka" (sometimes misspelled Levan Polka) sung by the Finnish quartet Loituma, taken from their 1995 debut album Things of Beauty.[1] It appeared on the Internet in late April 2006 and quickly became popular, drawing over a million viewers.[2] The animation consists of a 4-frame animation of the Bleach anime character Orihime Inoue twirling a leek to a 27-second loop from the song. The animation loops continuously.

The animation of Loituma Girl is taken from episode two of the Bleach anime series. In the clip, she is twirling a negi, a Japanese vegetable closely related to the leek, while talking to other characters. The scene is an instance of a recurring joke surrounding her character, in which she wants to cook something so unusual that it seems almost inedible. The animation uses the second half of the fifth stanza (four lines) and the complete sixth stanza (eight lines) from the song. Unlike the rest of the song, these two stanzas have no meaning, consisting mostly of phonetically-inspired gibberish that vary from performance to performance and are usually made up on the spot by the singer (compare scat singing in jazz).[citation needed] These stanzas are therefore not generally listed on lyrics pages, causing confusion for people looking for lyrics that match the animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Could you (or anyone) recommend any other awesome anime/manga series other than Naruto, Bleach or FMA... they're the only ones i've seen, being the more mainstream ones, but I really wanna see something new and different... ^^,
    If nudity and blood doesn't bother you, I'd say watch Elfen Lied, it's about 15 episodes long but it's worth it.

Eureka 7 Contains some violence
    definetly one of the better recent anime iv watched.

Ghost in the Shell Contains some nudity and strong violence
    The very best anime i have had the pleasure of watching, start with the 1st gig or the movies and you will not regret it :P

just wanted to say this but if ANYONE here watches naruto (AND NOT THE SIPPUDEN VERSION) u are a geek with no life if u do watch shippuden (dubed) then u just plain suk

THIS IS AWSOME three of the newist eps that i know of i know 43 (0r 44 cant remember) is out but i cant find it
    Last edited by Peachy; 25-Jan-2008 at 12:00. Reason: merging double post - use "edit" button!

Default Monster: The Anime To End All Animes

Okay, first of all I have nothing against Bleach, Death Note, FullMetal Alchemist and other shōnen anime/manga, I'm just tired of it. I believe that these shows are great, contain good action and suspense elements, but it's always the same. For some reason, the hero must kill/defeat other strong guys, becomes more and more powerful, achieves his goal, with slight differences. But if you analyze the theme, it's all about the same thing. Don't take this as an insult however, I believe that all these shows are great. I've just have enough for now.
    -Yakitate!! Japan
    -Gantz and Gantz: Second Stage (Contains blood, gore, nudity and excessively strong vocabulary. Rated R-18.)
    -Hunter X Hunter and the three OVAs (Contains some blood and violence.)
    -Wolf's Rain (Contains some blood and violence.)

Monster (Contains blood, strong vocabulary and violence.)

Monster is truly a unique anime, which people compare to Death Note, though these shows have absolutely NOTHING in common. I really don't want to say too much about this show since EVERY SINGLE PIECE of EVERY SINGLE EPISODE is an important clue and spoiler of the anime. You're really missing something by not checking this one out. It has both psychological, intense elements as well as full-speed action that you really want to see in every anime, not to mention that it's reeeally creepy at moments. Other emotional parts of the story really made me want to cry out of anger, sadness, relief and everything in between, not to mention the incredible music. During some of the most intense moments, I noticed that I was actually holding my breath and literally staring at the screen without paying attention to the new IMs I was receiving. I mean, you really don't want all the suspense to be wasted because of IMs do you? No, you don't. Monster is definitely one of the best, if not THE best anime show I have EVER watched, even though I'm still only on episode 23 (there are about 75 episodes in all). Unique characters, clear yet complex and intriguing storyline, unbelievable elements made realistic, it is also said that the anime follows the manga perfectly, which is fantastic for people who prefer watching colored and animated pictures rather than black-and-white mangas. And for once, I believe that the anime is worth better than the manga with Monster thanks to the incredible sound effects and music tracks that make the most delicate moment feel absolutely perfect.

Talking about something you like is cool, this Monster review is most likely the most complicated thing I ever typed in English, I just hope it doesn't seem repetitive though. I typed all this while my connection was blocked by my parents so forgive me for posting THAT late. Dewa mata, I hope to see more of this kind of anime around here!

Four words for ya:

Shonen at its finest.

Ain't giving a link, because things move so fast everything is a spoiler. It's best to just find episode one, and watch from there with no knowledge of it whatsoever, to find yourself surprised at the anime.

All you need to know is it's Mecha - like mecha has never been done before. 8)