Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fear of Posting

Default Fear of Posting

Does anyone else really feel, like, seriously afraid of posting?

I'm asking because I'm sitting here and I dunno. Every time I join a new site I feel embarrassed and very nervous about posting. I like to post new threads, meet new people and find wonderful things to talk about yes.

At the same time though, I feel like there are so many things that can go wrong. It could be something that has been asked time and time again, or it's something that will make me sound like an idiot or there is some hidden special rule I didn't know about or, I dunno. Sometimes I'm just worried because I might regret something I said one day, people have found things I wouldn't want them to know because of it in the past.

What goes through your mind when you post? Any doubts, fears, guilt, embarrassment? Maybe this is just me.

daipe

Yeah, that feeling sucks! For most forums, unlike this one, I don't feel embarassed at all, and people who look closely can easily track me down. However here I try my best to be as discreet as possible for obvious reasons! BTW, I really hate it when forums are really strict on rules/etiquete that isn't always obvious!

I've seen some really harsh one's in my time, like one's where you are forced to post like, once everyday or you get deleted and other things like that.

I dunno, I'm pretty fearful on a lot of sites. Not just sites like this. People in general are awesome but scary.

When I first joined this site I felt the exact same way. (this is the only forums site I am active on) Over time I've started feeling more secure in asking questions and have found that usually people don't bite your head off for asking a repetitive question, most of the time they will point you to another thread, with the info I am looking for.

When it comes to rules I just follow the ones under the rules tab at the top of the page, It seems to work pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy910 View Post
    When I first joined this site I felt the exact same way. (this is the only forums site I am active on) Over time I've started feeling more secure in asking questions and have found that usually people don't bite your head off for asking a repetitive question, most of the time they will point you to another thread, with the info I am looking for.

When it comes to rules I just follow the ones under the rules tab at the top of the page, It seems to work pretty well
    I'm usually pretty sure that I'm following the rules. I have a lot of forum experience but whenever I join a new one I just get this overwhelming shyness. I guess sometimes the feeling that of being so new with so many people that know each other has a lot to do with it. Sometimes I just wanna scream hi, hi, hi, please be my friend but I don't want to seem so overeager.

Good to think I'm not alone when it comes to the new member jitters I guess.

I don't feel very shy about posting on online forums, usually I just follow the rules of the site and don't worry too much about what happens after that. Much much different then if it was trying to talk to random people in the real world xD

I have a legitimate fear of the Mature Topics forum and posting in it. It's really hardcore in there... so I put the whole damned forum on ignore. Best decision evarrrrr.

Oh, and I don't usually post that much anyways since I spend way too much time in the IRC. I get all the diapery stuff out of my mind in there.

I don't think that reaction is unusual. You're in a brand new social situation. When I first signed up, it was ten posts and a week to make it to Regular. The forum itself was smaller and therefore slower, so I found it daunting to have to make ten posts and that they should be good ones if I were to make them so as not to give people a bad impression. The rules are helpful but there are all kinds of rules that are held in common by large portions of the community that aren't written down. All there is for that is to read threads and look at the interaction between members. Some things don't have an absolute answer, either.

I think the biggest mistakes newbies here tend to make are assuming it is just one of the many ABDL community sites out there and they make the same kinds of posts that might fly in them and are surprised when the community reacts badly. Next down from that might be failing to see that there are varying levels of familiarity at work here and some things that might look like attacks are just good natured jokes between friends (or sometimes, unfortunately the reverse), obscure references, or eccentricities. Last might be the people who show up, make a greeting post and then proceed to tell us how they were captured by an obscure South American tribe who worship diapers and were made to wear them always. If you've got a bizarre, unsupportable story, keep it to yourself until we all know one another better.

Don't try to understand everything immediately. It will make sense soon enough if you stick with it and then maybe posting won't be so scary. Be honest but don't overshare right off the top. Start slow. You're making a good start so far.

TeenbabyTOM

Usually i will start pming someone and getting to know them for a day or two but as soon as we stop talking for a few days im too nervous to pm them.
    Same with posting i only ocasionaly post as to stop myself from making an ass of myself.

I can completely relate to the OP. This is my third time returning to ADISC in a two year span after scaring myself off the last two times. It's only this forum that I'm apprehensive of posting on, though. It's just a matter of getting more comfortable with the *B/DL stuff for me. I still have a hard time typing any word that's related to it. Going into the IRC is worse though haha. I just observe the chat because I'm too shy to type anything, unless someone addresses me. I need to work on that.

Once you get to know some people here, I'm sure those worries will disappear.