Thread: WoW Wednesdays Anyone?

Default WoW Wednesdays Anyone?

I want to start a "Social Guild" for World of Warcraft. The idea is to play only once or twice a month, because i know we all have our own friends and guilds on WoW. We could play for 2-3 hours every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month. (it doesn't have to be Wednesday if that won't work for enough people.) Whatever progress we make in that time would be it for that week, that way if someone has to miss a day it wont be hard for them to catch up to the rest of the guild for the next WoW Wednesday. So as of right now i was thinking we could do this Horde side on the US-Akama server. (Faction and Server can be changed if people disagree.) Please let me know what you think. What time/what day would be best for you? I'm willing to start this with as few as 1 other person. The first meeting would be the first week of August.

P.S. Sorry EU players, maybe you can start one of your own if there is enough interest.

Edit: The idea is to level from lvl1 to whatever just for fun and to make new friends. I don't know if i made the clear in my post.
    Last edited by MaskedBandit; 23-Jul-2010 at 22:18.

I would do this, but I don't play much anymore...

ALSO...would there be any serious pvpers willing to do arena with me on this new character? (I really don't like to pve. I'm more of a pvper)

I'm up for this!

Horde - Akama sounds great! I'm not a PVP person, sorry JJ

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Ooof, I just realized Akama is a PvP server.

Please, could this be on a NON-PvP server? Any Non-PvP is fine. I don't care about populations of anything, I am not interested in PvP of ANY kind.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeLB View Post

Please, could this be on a NON-PvP server? Any Non-PvP is fine. I don't care about populations of anything, I am not interested in PvP of ANY kind.
    Yeah a Normal Server is fine. I've always played on PvP so i didn't really think about that. How does US-Fenris sound?

Quote Originally Posted by jjwow2 View Post
    I would do this, but I don't play much anymore...

ALSO...would there be any serious pvpers willing to do arena with me on this new character? (I really don't like to pve. I'm more of a pvper)
    I like to play the Arena but I'm not great at it... mostly because I've never been able to find people to play seriously with. However... since this will be a every other week thing it will take a long time before we could actually play the Arena.

There are so many ways to level up now though, i figured some weeks we would do quests and others we could use the Dungeon Finder and Battlegrounds to level up. If someone absolutely despises that weeks method of playing they could do what they enjoy to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeLB View Post

What's wrong with PvP? You'll be in a group? How does capturing places in Outlands and stuff work if it's not PvP, anyway? Is it just wait there until the other faction leaves? O_o

I don't know. Non-PvP kind of seems to ruin the competition for me. If I had my WoW account still running I might have fought for this, but meh.

I don't like giving griefers the satisfaction of killing me. I deal with enough bullcrap in real life, why deal with more in an escape?

Everyone's different, but if I did this at all, it'd have to be a Non-PVP server. If you all would rather do this on a PVP server, that's alright, I just don't want to play on it.

And Fenris would be alright, any server not a PVP server is fine to me.

I understand FadeLB. All it would take is one bored level 80 to ruin a night of progress. Survey time! Anyone who is interested in this fill it out so we can figure out how we want to do this.

Server type: Any
    Faction: Horde
    Day: Wednesday
    Time available: 7pm - 1am EST

Feel free to add to the survey if i left out something you feel is important.

SERIOUS QUESTION: How does capturing a place work in Outlands and such if there is no PvP and both factions are there?

Well, to claim, say, the Hellfire fortifications, players working on the banner need to be PvP flagged in the first place, and control is shifted progressively to the faction with greater numbers at the site. 10 alliance flagged, and 5 horde flagged could show up, dance around, /kiss and not PvP and the control would go to Alliance, for instance. In such a situation, I doubt such chivalry would perpetuate; if you're pvp-flagged, they'll assault you.

Even on PvE servers those world objectives change hands fairly frequently, often unopposed, from people doing that Fortifications daily for some marks for gear.

LilWolfCub

i would honestly be interested but gotta get game time... Bike ride here i come!