Thread: Positivity is needed in the AB world...

Default Positivity is needed in the AB world...

I was thinking about this while I was at work and while I was thinking about the recent drama that I inadvertantly caused. I was thinking since there has been so much negativity in the AB community because of sites like D*****, Yior, and so forth. Positive ideas, positive communites such as ADISC need to be focused on rather than the negative ones.

I am not talking about having us try to become more public or whatever with our lifestyle, but a way of finding some way of being more positive about the lifestyle without drawing attention. There has been too much attention on AB that is NOT needed.

I am talking about building a community that works on positive ideas, and not negative ones, and ones that would keep an eye on sites that are bad for our image and if something goes wrong, report it to the proper authorities.

We need to be a positive community. Work as a group, try to find ways to make connections with people without worrying about if others have their own ulterior motives such as The Diaper SuperStore, D*****, and so forth... the list can go on. At least the worst of the offenders is history and behind bars, meaning Yior.

We need to find a way to police those who need to be policed, and watched. Those that can open a can of worms that we do not need opened nor that we want.

ADISC already does that, providing a safe haven where horny net geeks are not welcome, nor are fappers and idiots with the brains of a cockroach. A place people can feel open, discuss the lifestyle and other matters of life outside of diapers and the community. That is what I like about ADISC. We need to find more places like that, or form a community where we stand against sites like D*****, The Diaper SuperStore, Yior, and so forth. Let them know their kinds are NOT WELCOME.

I also was thinking, is there a way we can censor a certain name like another site already does, by making it appear as something like [That Site] instead of it's name. That one place I am thinking of needs to be censored as a way to not attract certain elements. I think censoring that name is a good start.

Positivity is something that is needed in this lifestyle. We have had far too much negativity cause of stupid idiots getting into the news, going too far or pulling off the all-time AB blunder- Heidi Lynn, the AB who went around Phoenix in public as an AB. Some saw that idiot as a trailblazer or hero, me I saw it as a sad thing, someone who gave up a lot of positive things just for diapers.

Hell, if I had been a college pitcher with a good arm, I would have tossed the damn diapers and gone pro. Heidi Lynn did not do that. He threw his talents away for diapers. A chance to pitch pro ball... I STILL drool over that even though I can't play baseball anymore but was looked at once. I'd have given up the diapers JUST for the chance to play at Wrigley Field, Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium, Tiger Stadium, Cleveland Municipal Stadium, and so forth.

It's time, folks, we worked at building a world where we can be who we are, without idiots making us look bad. I am not talking about wearing your diapers in public, but showing that we support doing the right thing, supporting law & order, making sure that those who do harm kids, who get off on that crap get what they deserve- jail time and a human booster shot from an inmate named Molly.

We as ABs, need to realize, enough is ENOUGH! There has been too many weirdos, people giving us bad press, sites that make us want to vomit, sites that deserve a nice police raid and so forth.

We need to be positive about things, and look at ways of preventing things that would make us look bad and give us a bad name.

WildThing121675

Too true, too true. If there is one thing we can do, is when people happen come across this forum, to make them realise that beside being abdl, we are just regular humans. We aren't the perverts the media makes others believe we are.

I glad you posted this . A good way is to treat you , me , others in a positive way look to the good in each other over look there short comings bad spelling or some other things . build on the good . Find that I do not give the sites that are bad no posts put them out of my mind . There are others that think some sites are ok to them That is were the rub is . if we can be the best friend to each other be kind build those that are down up look to the good in each other that will go a long way . Foxkits

Something that might be helpful too is to put more emphasis on some of the positive places out there (and also create more). I haven't been there in forever, but I always think about how BitterGrey's Den was my default site that had a great explanation to non-*B/DL's. I think it would be great if there were more sites like that, that offered a "normal" take on *B/DLism. Really, we need to try to get into the heads of non-*B/DL's and understand how it must feel to them when they first see people who like to dress up like babies and wear diapers, and understand how we can get them to overcome their initial weirdness and see that we are really still "normal" people who have this part of us that's always been there.

ADISC is great, but I think of it as more of a forum/community rather than an information site, despite all of the information that it has. But I think it's important to try to emphasize and have more sites out there that try to make our lifestyle come across as least crazy and least offensive as possible, too.

Now I'm just going to put this out there as a conversation point...

Where would we be today without D------ and some of the others? Yes, they're crazy and possibly bad people, but they were also the ones who were willing to be out there and visible before anyone else. I'm friends with a number of older abdls, at least one of whom has a bit of an archives from the "old days". There wasn't a lot out there, you know. Hell, I'm only 28 and I remember DPF and the first incarnation of aby.com.

I mean absolutely no disrespect when I say this. From what I've noticed, the majority of this site seems to be pretty young (at least younger than me), and without knowing the world before the internet and the vast resources that come with it, I think it would be pretty easy to dismiss D------ and others as harmful. I assert that at this point, with sites like this and rupadded and companies like [whatever the real name of the company that makes Bambino diapers is], that yes, D------- is harmful, but that such was not necessarily always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Now I'm just going to put this out there as a conversation point...

Where would we be today without D------ and some of the others? Yes, they're crazy and possibly bad people, but they were also the ones who were willing to be out there and visible before anyone else. I'm friends with a number of older abdls, at least one of whom has a bit of an archives from the "old days". There wasn't a lot out there, you know. Hell, I'm only 28 and I remember DPF and the first incarnation of aby.com.

I mean absolutely no disrespect when I say this. From what I've noticed, the majority of this site seems to be pretty young (at least younger than me), and without knowing the world before the internet and the vast resources that come with it, I think it would be pretty easy to dismiss D------ and others as harmful. I assert that at this point, with sites like this and rupadded and companies like [whatever the real name of the company that makes Bambino diapers is], that yes, D------- is harmful, but that such was not necessarily always the case.
    I found it to always be generally harmful but it also has to be viewed in context for the time. I suppose better to have those bad things than nothing at all but when that's all there was to be seen, and for a long while this was all I could see, I arguably felt worse about it than not seeing there was anyone else like me. Spread enough manure and something worthwhile might grow. In a sense, I finally had a second realization. Not only were there other people who liked diapers but some of them were also looking for an angle on the community that wasn't obsessed with diapers and that's a positive thing.

I think I understand what you are saying, xbabyx. D**k*r's, DPF, and aby were among the first AB/ DL sites I found on the web, too. At first, I was elated to have found these sites, for the first time in my life, I learned that I was not alone. Just knowing that there were others out there who had similar interests in diapers and infantilism made me feel happy. These happy feelings, however, did not last very long. As I read the stories posted on these sites, I became ' creeped-out ' and decided that these sites were not for me. The ' diaper community ' sites were not any better, the use of ' baby-talk ', requests for ' diaper-disipline ', and the endless posts that gave detailed descriptions of their messy diapers quickly chased me away from those sites. Knowing that I did not fit in with the other AB/ DL's on these sites made me feel very unhappy and depressed, I felt all alone, all over again. For many years, I did not even bother to look for any AB/ DL sites. Eventually, I started searching the web again for AB/ DL and Adult LG sites, and I found a few sites that were quite outstanding, i.e. BitterGrey's and Girl-Talk. Then one day, by a happy happen-stance, I found ADISC. I will always be glad that I stumbled across this strange and wonderful community.

Indeed, D***** was not as bad when I first got online in 1999 and started scouring for AB sites. DPF was also still big at that time. It still mattered at that time and was decent enough. D***** had at that point, a hell of a link list that led me to other places, and when I found enough places to go, I ultimately stopped going there. Plus, also around 2002, give or take, the sightings page started there and that made me fly out of there like a bat out of hell.

ABY was ok, but I got kinda chased out of their cause I am not gay and most of the people at ABY.com were gay and when someone said they weren't, they got chased out. ABY also sucked with too many people who used that baby talk crap in their typing and writing which bothered me. I didn't like that at all. I also ran into some real weirdo wack-jobs who have no brain and or how to act online. I also ran into people that questionable reputations and people who said one thing, turned out be something else entirely.

I am a bit battle-scarred over some of that.... And not all entirely fond of a lot of what goes on in the AB world. One friend of mine gave it all up entirely because she got sick and tired of all the bullshit that goes on and all of the hurtful people in the community. Another, just up and disappeared. Others also disappear on me or just ultimately decide AB is not for them, at least the online part. For me, I am now just trying to decide on what part I am, if you will.

WildThing121675