Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acorn

acorn

Default Acorn

If ever there was a way to upset everyone this would be it. It’s said about introductions / interviews, the hardest thing is to sell yourself. I'm compounding this problem by not being prepared to offload up-front. I could bore you to suicide with tales of past woes. Selfishly, I'll spare you that ordeal 'cos otherwise I'd have nobody to suffer my ranting and raving. Lastly, if you find my literary genius worthy of note, noteworthy too is that necessity dictated that I started working a forty hour week at fifteen.

I am by nature a lone wolf, that is to say trust does not come easily to me. This trait is not helped by the fact I have been ousted once as a diaper wearer when I would not bow down to cohesion (that truth would read like a Deeker’s special on acid, don't ask ain't going there, NEVER). I am a DL and have passed the age of majority. One foot in the grave? Though all my family now know of this side of me, I still do not see fit to advertise on billboards. I am usually abrasive with little thought or regard to anybody’s feelings, including my own. By my own admission, I can and usually do pass for a certifiable Nut-Job. There, I’ve spared you the expense of Carl Rodgers. I would ask for this to be noted so when I do give offense, you would point this out and afford me the opportunity to make amends.

You can all wake up now, my sermon is over. Thanks for your time. I’m going back to the threads to apologize.

Acorn.
    Last edited by acorn; 21-Jul-2010 at 15:06.

Olivia

Interesting tidbit, and I see your from Ireland, why exactly do you call it hell?

Oh and Welcome to Adisc, we have acid.

welcome to the forum, good to see another irish fella on the site.
    and yes hes right ireland is perty rough right now, although i wouldnt go as far as to call it a third world country but its close

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcAwesome View Post
    although i wouldnt go as far as to call it a third world country but its close
    Am I not entitled to a little artistic licence?
    Won't split hairs, can we settle on 2.5 ?
    Thanks for dropping in

Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by acorn View Post
    Can't give a comp' answer, but one soundbite would be a corrupt Government made us a 3rd world country economically and then blamed American Banks (Sub-prime market).
    Welcome to ADISC!

You've gotta watch it when dealing with our investment banks though. They will lend money all smiles to you at the front desk, and then go in the back and buy credit default swaps, betting that you will go bankrupt. Feeding the bubble and then profiting from its collapse so to speak.

Am I not entitled to a little artistic licence?
    Won't split hairs, can we settle on 2.5 ?
    Thanks for dropping in
    No artistic license for you sire :P
    fine 2.5 is a even compromise i believe now all hail Enda Kenny saviour of the irish race.... if gift grub is to be believed

acorn

No artistic license for you sire :P
    fine 2.5 is a even compromise i believe now all hail Enda Kenny saviour of the irish race.... if gift grub is to be believed
    Hell NO. Price has changed or deal is off!!!!!!!! You broke the camels back with that.
    Do you really expect me to compromise my allegiance to our GLORIOUS and ILLUSTRIOUS leader Tweedle Dum, by switching to Tweedle Dee. Tell him what to do with his promise of soup kitchens (gift grub).

Hell NO. Price has changed or deal is off!!!!!!!! You broke the camels back with that.
    Do you really expect me to compromise my allegiance to our GLORIOUS and ILLUSTRIOUS leader Tweedle Dum, by switching to Tweedle Dee. Tell him what to do with his promise of soup kitchens (gift grub).
    :O ohh you dont want to upset the Furer, he has powers you know

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingSora View Post
    Welcome to ADISC!

You've gotta watch it when dealing with our investment banks though. They will lend money all smiles to you at the front desk, and then go in the back and buy credit default swaps, betting that you will go bankrupt. Feeding the bubble and then profiting from its collapse so to speak.
    I'd guess you may be more knowledgeable than me on this subject, but don't delude yourself in thinking your banks are different. They are the same world over.

Without exception all our banks went into the red. Two of them are non-viable and looking to being wound up in due course. One was injected with over 50 million then it's CEO retired with a golden handshake (1 million). I'm inclined to think that the state receiver (NAMA) should have given him a high velocity, copper coated send-off instead.

Our real problem is Ansbacher. The Cayman Islands are gone, I suspect they have moved to Moscow!

acorn

:O ohh you dont want to upset the Furer, he has powers you know
    Illusions of grandeur more like.
    We can appreciate that he has at least got primary school education.
    ie, He knows that as T-shirt, with 230,000pa=440hr (20hrs x 26 Weeks)

Bet he, in keeping with his predecessor's intent will allow minimum wage be abolished, Us fat cats simply aren't worth that much.

Oh well, just to let you know, you can teach an old dog new tricks.

The t-shirt is dead, long live the t-shirt. Hail - Armageddon Kenny.