Thread: Movies

Default Movies

Sorry if there's already a thread for this. I thought it would be nice to have a thread about movies, seeing as I see quite a few threads made for single movies.

Anyways, I only wanted to use this as an opportunity to talk about Memento. It's a neo-noir psychological thriller about an insurance investigator who got anterograde amnesia (short-term memory loss) after getting hit in the head when his wife was raped and murdered during the night. It's very interesting to see how it can affect his life, especially since he wants to kill his wife's murderer. He makes tattoos on his body, takes photos and writes notes on them to remember what he wants to do and facts about the man he's looking for. As if it wasn't enough, there are two separate storylines that cross each other at the end, or the beginning of the movie. By that I mean that one of the storylines begins at the end and shows Lenner's memories gradually, from the end to the beginning which will create links with what you saw before.

It's actually very hard for me to explain something like that, so you can simply click here and read Wikipedia's article on it.

Memento got a 94% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and was judged as one of the best examples on the impact of short-term memory loss.

If you have anything to say about a movie, just talk about it here.

It was one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Simple, subtle and clever. The concept actually worked, many psychological thrillers are ruined by taking a concept to far or portraying it wrongly. I have since seen one better psycho thriller (silence of the lambs). However, it does currently occupy one the 10 best films I have ever seen.

stark guy is a pretty cool guy. eh kills terroritss and doesnt afriad of anything.

I don't watch many movies really. Iron Man was the last one I'd seen. It was pretty good, but I don't really know what's good

But I DO know what's bad! Hidden Kingdom, that was bad. The "main" character (not the two Asian dudes they paid) totally sucked! It was like, two Asian men beat the crap out of people, while two other peoples' stories are meaningless and suck. I totally wanted the main character (as much as he looked like a kid in my German class who always shouts out answers... the wrong ones) to beat some ass, but he doesn't do squat.
    Last edited by Point; 11-May-2008 at 21:58. Reason: M

I've never really seen a bad movie or played a bad video game. I don't know if that's because I know which movies/games would be good instinctively or of there aren't a lot of bad movies/games around. :V

I like my dramatic movies...

My favourites have always been:

'Infantilistic tendancy' movie - Watership Down
    Anime movie - Grave of the fireflies.
    Normal movie - Donnie Darko

Footed P.J.

I'm pretty good at selecting movies as well. My last one was Leatherheads.