Thread: RIP George Steinbrenner

Default RIP George Steinbrenner

The Yankees have lost a great man today!!

Whether you love or hate the Yankees, you can't tell me you wouldn't want an owner like him running your team!! A person who would do whatever it'd take to put a winner on the field year in & year out, no matter the cost!! I know he got a ton of haters, due to that, but it was his team & he wanted it to win & be a champion, no matter what!! Think of all the Hall of Fame names & future ones that have donned the Pinstripes for him!! He took over a down Yankee team & built it up to the Empire it is today!!

RIP George Steinbrenner!!

He will truly be missed...this coming from a Yankee hater....

But he did go to Williams, where my 'rents went...

I hate the Yankees but have to respect the way the Boss built a juggernaut. Baseball won't be the same without him. Rest in Peace

without him, you wouldn't hate the yankees the way you do . Either way, he brought fame and fortune to the franchise and will be missed by fans all over the world.

I am surprised that I wasn't the one who started this thread, especially with me being a big Yankees fan myself. RIP George "The Boss" Steinbrenner and we will be sure to get 28 this year for you.