Thread: Want to know something

Default Want to know something

Well I am enjoying summer quite a lot. I work pretty much all the time, if I am not at my "government recognized" job I am working on my business, my boat, or selling stuff on ebay. I don't recall if I told all of you about the dinner I had one on one with a girl, who was just my friend, but anyway we went out to dinner then never really talked to me after that. I learned from you all and my phyc. that asking someone of the opposite who has a BF to go out to dinner with you and you only is a bit weird and looks like I am trying to be more than just friends. That was not my intentions, but I digress.

I have been thinking about calling her, or sending her a facebook message basically saying that "Hey, I hope I didn't make you feel uncomfortable when we went out to dinner, I didn't realize that one on one is weird, etc." and pretty much say I didn't know that is weird, good for you for going with me, why did you stop talking to me?

Is this a good idea to do? I mean I want to know why relations deteriorated and build off of those mistakes, so that I don't make them again in college. Is this a good idea?

I don't know if you have to say it like that but I would make it clear you think of her as a friend. Maybe invite her to another meal in a public area and explicitly include her boyfriend in the arrangements. As for college, I have not had any problems with uncomfortability in dining with female friends who are in committed relationships.