Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper run

Unhappy Diaper run

Okay so i rode my scooter to the local walgreens which is about 2 miles away, and when i got in the store there were two people in line,so i waited till they left and when i purchased my goodnites the clerk definatley knew what they were. she didn't say anything, but i could tell by the way she looked at me that she was laughing inside. I was SO embarressed! But other than that i got the goods and stashed 'em away

yay nice job keeping your cool *gives high five*

good job, I might go get a pack if I can get a bike

Way to keep your cool! Patience is always the key in these sorta of situations. It doesn't even matter what the clerk thought you might not ever seem the clerk again in your life. Unless you live in like a small town or something! x)

Lol! I just made sure I didn't make eye contact with the clerk, so I couldn't see her reaction...
    And I lucked out! Found a completely empty checkout line.

See not a big deal. Just keep going there. No one there cares.

You wouldn't care so much about what others think of you if you knew how seldom they actually do.

I had a similar thing happen, i used the self service and this guy had a smile on his face. He worked there and saw on the screen what i was scanning.

Another time i went to the shops in the morning, only had Drynites in the basket and the security guy walked passed, looked in the basket and gave me a funny look. I just gave the embarrassed look/ashamed. Oh well, not going to see him again, not likely. Only live once!

Well, your experience seems to be a lot easier than mine.

I live in a rural area. With 1 drug store. And a hot girl that I go to school with behind the counter, and her mother that frequently talks with my mother.

What I did was scribble a shopping list, handed it to the girl behind the counter and said that I can't read my grandmother's handwriting, and need to pick a few things up, and she said that I needed to head to the pharmacy and local grocery store.

I'm pretty sure that I got away from it without anything slipping out. The funny thing is, that, throughout the whole event, my lies went MUCH more smoothly than if i had just strode in there saying that my grandma told me to pick XX item up. Perhaps the boost in confidence made it a much easier feat?

wow... off topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    Well, your experience seems to be a lot easier than mine.

I live in a rural area. With 1 drug store. And a hot girl that I go to school with behind the counter, and her mother that frequently talks with my mother.

What I did was scribble a shopping list, handed it to the girl behind the counter and said that I can't read my grandmother's handwriting, and need to pick a few things up, and she said that I needed to head to the pharmacy and local grocery store.

I'm pretty sure that I got away from it without anything slipping out. The funny thing is, that, throughout the whole event, my lies went MUCH more smoothly than if i had just strode in there saying that my grandma told me to pick XX item up. Perhaps the boost in confidence made it a much easier feat?

wow... off topic...
    So you don't think this might get back to her?

"Oh, is your mother(in-law?) okay? I hear she's having... 'problems' " *wink*"
    "What do you mean?"
    "You know... like her faucet is leaking."
    "We had the repairman over last week, it's fine."
    *facepalm* "It was a euphemism"
    "...I don't get it ._."
    "Well why was your son buying diapers?"
    "IF HE'S GOING TO ACT LIKE A BABY, I'LL TREAT HIM LIKE ONE!"

I chose to spew creative juices all over this thread.