21. You may not vote on this poll
  • spain

6 28.57%
  • netherlands

11 52.38%
  • dont know/care

4 19.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (if you havent seen the worldcup final, and dont want to knowwho won until you see a replay w/e. Then dont enter this thread)

Talking (if you havent seen the worldcup final, and dont want to knowwho won until you see a replay w/e. Then dont enter this thread)

YES thats right,
    SPAIN has won the world cup!!! 1:0 against netherlands in the 24th minute of extra time (114'th minute of the total match not counting injury time) (i had to get up at 4:30 AM to see this match)

personally i was rooting for the spanish, who will now become the 8th nation to win a world cup. (dont know who the other 7 are but i kow it includes france italym Britain, West germany (what they were called when they won) i think argentina, brazil and maybe portugal?

I watched World Cup on and off and came away glad that I haven't wasted too much of my life on fútbol. From watching the World Cup, I've decided that it:

1. Provides a wonderful opportunity to watch grass grow and listen to bees buzz (those stupid plastic horns?)

2. Provides employment for the visually challenged (officials)

3. Provides employment for third-rate thespians (players flopping and emoting at the meerest hint of contact)

Next time, I'll change the channel. On the other hand, Rugby Sevens will be in the next Olympics. There's a sport for you!

I am quite gutted for the Netherlands, there's a bunch of tortured fans for you... Sorry Cleveland, you don't have anything on them. Think Buffalo, except there "Super Bowl" is ounce every 4 years.
    But gosh was that a bad match. It felt like American Football more than Association Football with all the damn fouls every minutes... And so many lost opportunities on both sides, and the Dutch (literally) played some mean Football, while Spain was way too defensive to be entertaining to watch. Oh well, at least we avoided penalties...

Oh, and the World Cup winners are Brazil (5 times), Italy (4), [West] Germany (3), Argentina (2), Uruguay (2), England (1), France (1) and Spain (1).

Buffalo sounds like a good analogy with them losing 4 straight Super Bowls in the 1990s. But their fans are so dedicated (I was born in Buffalo during the AFC Champions dynasty era).

I congratulate Spain but really I wasn't really rooting for a team but was leaning more towards the Dutch. I feel so bad for them though cause the goal in the 116' is probably the equivalent of Wide Right for the Bills in Super Bowl XXV. Just didn't have enough time to boot it out. But there were so many damn yellow cards. 14. And there was one of them where one of the players gave a kick to another player and he wasn't anywhere close to making a play. Apparently that should have been a red card, but whatever.

I wanted the Netherlands to win just because I hate how the Spanish play.
    I mean if you kick the air around a Spanish football player he'll suddenly have broken Tibia and a mild concussion.
    Unless it's apparent that the referee isn't going give a foul then he is miraculously healed as if by a miracle and goes on to run at break neck speeds.
    Any way I knew Netherlands didn't have a prayer when the octopus picked Spain.
    The octopus is always right!!!!

Hey maxx- the "stupid plastic horns" have a proper name. They are vuvuzelas.

Spearmint

I wanted the Netherlands to win. also...

Quote Originally Posted by Azninvazn View Post
    Hey maxx- the "stupid plastic horns" have a proper name. They are vuvuzelas.
    VUVUZELA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetaluver View Post
    I wanted the Netherlands to win. also...

VUVUZELA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "you will have my sword"
    "and my bow"
    "and my axe"
    "and my VUVUZELA!!!"

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by Azninvazn View Post
    "you will have my sword"
    "and my bow"
    "and my axe"
    "and my VUVUZELA!!!"
    YES!!! I was just watching that!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetaluver View Post
    YES!!! I was just watching that!
    lol...hey I would like to get to know you more....I mean we can't meet up, but still.