Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Bouncers Are Dangerous?

Default Baby Bouncers Are Dangerous?

Hey all,

I was just wondering. I have made myself a baby bouncer thingy and i love it. My toes just about touch the ground.

Anyway is being in this dangerous? As you are putting alot of pressure around your abdominal area and i always thought that if too much pressure went on that area then it would dis-locate your abdominal bones? like pullin them up towards your stomach?

If you stay in these contraptions for too long to can they do any damage? Like for example, make your legs weaker? I stayed in mine for 10 minutes and when i got out of it my legs felt real strange, they were shaking and everything?

Let me know your ideas,

Ginger

I'm not a doctor, but you need to be careful that you don't constrict the blood vessels leading into the legs. If you legs feel numb or tingly, you may be cutting off blood circulation down your legs. As far as bones go, I don't know what abdominal bone's you're talking about, but if your contraption is what I'm imagining, I don't think hurting the pelvis or whatever is likely. Again, not a doctor; if you suspect it's dangerous, don't use it.

Spearmint

If your legs are shaky, and feel strange, then it seems like you're doing something wrong. Aren't they supposed to have enough room in the leg holes so the circulation isn't cut off?

what did you make your bouncer out of... i been wanting to buy one or make one... please post comments on this.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by diapernew2 View Post
    what did you make your bouncer out of... i been wanting to buy one or make one... please post comments on this.
    I would like to see some pics if you have any available, I have only seen one adult sized one before, and I am very interested in building one of my own some day.

I am also really interested in this (being hopefully a future engineer/architect) it really kind of interests me how this was done. But if it is affecting circulation or causing bruising I wouldn't suggest using it for prolonged use.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    I am also really interested in this (being hopefully a future engineer/architect) it really kind of interests me how this was done. But if it is affecting circulation or causing bruising I wouldn't suggest using it for prolonged use.
    I'm sure that the problems could be corrected, it sounds like a design flaw in the specific design moreso than a problem of bouncers in general.

When hanging from a harness/jumper/bouncer/whatever, there's a risk of cutting off blood flow to the legs. If your legs were feeling "weird", then you had probably cut off blood flow to your legs. If you can redesign your thing so it's more of a sitting position and less of a hanging position, you'll probably alleviate most of the issue.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    When hanging from a harness/jumper/bouncer/whatever, there's a risk of cutting off blood flow to the legs. If your legs were feeling "weird", then you had probably cut off blood flow to your legs. If you can redesign your thing so it's more of a sitting position and less of a hanging position, you'll probably alleviate most of the issue.
    that's exactly what I was thinking. Sitting>standing in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGinger View Post
    Hey all,

I was just wondering. I have made myself a baby bouncer thingy and i love it. My toes just about touch the ground.

Anyway is being in this dangerous? As you are putting alot of pressure around your abdominal area and i always thought that if too much pressure went on that area then it would dis-locate your abdominal bones? like pullin them up towards your stomach?

If you stay in these contraptions for too long to can they do any damage? Like for example, make your legs weaker? I stayed in mine for 10 minutes and when i got out of it my legs felt real strange, they were shaking and everything?

Let me know your ideas,

Ginger

Abdominal bones?