Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Being forced to swim...

Unhappy Being forced to swim...

Let's just leave it like this...
    I have a new summer job. I have some, let's say, scars that nobody in the world as seen. They, and my sister (who happens to be the one of the boss's), are saying I have to swim somtime during the summer. They think that I am afraid of water. It's more so I am afraid of taking my shirt off. What should I do.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKittyKat View Post
    Let's just leave it like this...
    I have a new summer job. I have some, let's say, scars that nobody in the world as seen. They, and my sister (who happens to be the one of the boss's), are saying I have to swim somtime during the summer. They think that I am afraid of water. It's more so I am afraid of taking my shirt off. What should I do.
    WHY are you being forced to swim? Is it actually part of the job? Why can't you tell them that you'd really rather not just as a personal preference?

I really don't understand the problem. What's wrong with scars? Do you really think any of them will care?

curiousitykitten

swim with your shirt on, if theres any questions asked just say you don't like taking it off. Its none of their business.

Can't you just swim with your t shirt on? Besides when you are in the water no one will notice anyway.

It is aprt of the job, and I have said no a billion times. I'm working at a camp, so I have to take care of kids, and I have to be in the pool with them, to make sure they dont drown etc.
    And I dont like any of my scars, Im pretty sure no one else would too. These scars wernt put tere by accident, and I am not proud of what I did.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

And swimiming with my shirt on is an option, but Im pretty sure once again, my sister wouldnt just stop at asking why do you have your shirt on?

It seems like if the summer camp knew about the scars and figured out how they were made.. I doubt you might even have the job.

Anyways I don't have any advice I can give out, though I am sorry you have scars.. you clearly don't want them now and even when/if you did you weren't being to rational.

1. Kudos to you for working with kids. Tough job.

2. My sympathies on not being able to enjoy swimming the way you should.

curiousitykitten

again, noone's fucking business. If they ask your not obliged to answer, however you could make light of it or make up some other excuse. Maybe you have some ugly tan lines, perhaps stretch marks?,maybe when you take off your shirt you may blind everyone...or a radioactive bite...the possibilities are endless...

(ooc...i love firefox...because "fucking" is a word in the little spell checker thinggy )

This question may be a bit to personal, but: what caused those scars? Don't feel obliged to tell, only tell it if you want to.

Beside that: I say, either don't show them, and swim with your shirt on or just don't care and just show them. If people ask you how you got them, tell them it is personal or a sensitive subject.