Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to make a diaper...

Default How to make a diaper...

i'm kinda new here and i'm a little short on cash, so i was wondering who makes or knows how to make their own diapers. HELP!

Darkfinn

You can make a diaper out of a dish towel and some safety pins if you are in a pinch... use a trash bag with leg holes cut in it for plastic pants.

Stuffing some briefs with lotsa TP also works.

It all pales in comparison to real diapers... but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Of course if you are good with a sewing machine you could make your own.

I occasionally make cloth diapers by using fabric, but since that costs money, as darkfinn said, use a towel and pins.

A bath towel makes a great diaper, it all depends on your size some bigger guys need a big towel and some of the smaller guys can get away with a smaller one, I would suggest you find some plastic pants, at the drug store if you are a small guy, get the largest size toddler pants, bigger is better when it comes to plastic pants.

That way you can add more absorbant smaller towels to make the diaper last longer, or what I used t do was use a whole bunch of berifs smaller ones on first, larger ones as you go, and you can add small towels to make it thicker.

Good luck and have fun...

I think there's a section on the wiki that can help you out with that

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Lizzie View Post
    I think there's a section on the wiki that can help you out with that

The only problem with the wiki section about it, is that it's only for making one if you have some sewing skills and you have the materials to make it...

Yeah, so the towel method is best. Since you're in the states, you can go to http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/ and buy some diapers, or at least plastic pants there. They seem like they ship discreetly. Or maybe try other online places.

Pojo, I added a section awhile ago that included how to make diapers with no sewing skill at all. Go check it out if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    The only problem with the wiki section about it, is that it's only for making one if you have some sewing skills and you have the materials to make it...
    it never ceases to amaze me that modern parents don't teach their children to cook, sew, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    it never ceases to amaze me that modern parents don't teach their children to cook, sew, etc.
    I learned when I was six