Thread: Ordering online with an american express pre-paid card

Default Ordering online with an american express pre-paid card

Ok so I received a pre-paid American Express gift card for $50. I've been wanting to order some bambinos for a while now and I think now is the chance. I just have a few questions. Will there be any trace of what I order on these cards? Like is there anyway someone can look into what I've bought with my card? I'm very new to this whole pre-paid card business. So if you can please help me and share any experiences with your pre-paid card purchases with diapers. Thanks again.

That's the wonder about prepaid cards, not a trace can be found. Although, I'm not sure how American express works. There may be a way to check the balance, but it probably takes a bit of effort to get at. There is no way in hell anyone will stumble across the transaction records. Besides, bambinos doesn't say anything obnoxious, I recall (there site saying) it simply saying "TBHG LLC". I also did a quick Google of this, everything is completely unrelated. You should be safe.

I know with a Visa prepaid you have to type in the card number on the Visa web site and look at previous purchases, but you have to have the card in hand to do this. I would just make sure you keep hold of the card. The likelihood that someone will take your card and look-up your purchases is pretty slim, but you can never be too safe.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by Powderhair View Post
    I know with a Visa prepaid you have to type in the card number on the Visa web site and look at previous purchases, but you have to have the card in hand to do this. I would just make sure you keep hold of the card. The likelihood that someone will take your card and look-up your purchases is pretty slim, but you can never be too safe.
    Just throw it out when all the money is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetaluver View Post
    Just throw it out when all the money is gone
    I cut mine up when I was done with it.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by Powderhair View Post
    I cut mine up when I was done with it.
    That works too, if you have people going through your trash O.o

Thank you everyone for all your help. I just have one more question. I'm ordering the package to my local UPS store, because I don't want to ship it to my house. How will they contact me to let me know when the package is at the store so I can pick it up. Will the email me? And how long do they hold it for?

I've used the UPS store before. What I had to do was check every day to see if they had the package (they give you a tracking number). When it arrives, it'll say this on the website:

"Tracking Number:
    aeriptyha[0wertuaer9wt834yht0q3905q=039ht6w=0a4h YOUR TRACKING NUMBER HERE
    Delivered
    Delivered On:
    XX/XX/2010 XX:XX P.M. "

Maybe not the best method, but that's the most incognito way to do it. It took about two weeks to ship, and I didn't take any chances with them holding it, so I got it the day after it arrived.

Good luck!

Edit: If you don't have the tracking number, they e-mail it to the e-mail that you provided. Otherwise, try calling them up and getting the tracking number using the info you gave them.