Thread: God, I am I glad things are back to normal...

Default God, I am I glad things are back to normal...

Just so people know, there was a reason I kinda disappeared for two days... I had computer problems for a few days that forced me to have to re-install Windows and start fresh.

I think somehow I managed a virus or something. Something through YouTube I guess- not sure how it snagged onto my hard drive. But it started making my computer act funny. For example, I had weird webpages pop up, and I had a weird incident with eBay and PayPal, which I know would NEVER ask for personal information as my brother-in-law works for eBay as a programmer.

It drove me nutsy not being able to use my computer. Only one little flaw in the slaw left, but things are back to normal.

good to see i was not the only one having problems my internet just blew up from lightning literally. Glad your back if you ever having anymore ocmputer problems give me a call and i will see what i can do.

Glad you're back WildThing. I've been having trouble with my WD mass storage being recognized by my computer. Of course my whole novel is on it along with a lot of research. I had another brand new WD, and so I installed it and was able to access the old one. I understand it's a Window's update problem. Stupid Vista!

@ Dogboy, doesn't look like a Windows Update problem, either it is a firmware issue with your External HDD, or the drive is on it's way out. If your system recognizes another External HDD with no problem, then one can only assume. Back up your data immediately onto the new drive, format the old one and see if the issue persists. If yes, contact WD to see if there's any warranty left on that unit. Can never be too sure.