Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iranina woman sentenced to death - By stoning.

Default Iranina woman sentenced to death - By stoning.

Full Article

"(CNN) -- A veteran Iranian human rights activist has warned that Sakineh Mohammadie Ashtiani, a mother of two, could be stoned to death at any moment under the terms of a death sentence handed down by Iranian authorities.

Only an international campaign designed to pressure the regime in Tehran can save her life, according to Mina Ahadi, head of the International Committee Against Stoning and the Death Penalty."

The woman in question was charged for... get this... Adultery! She is being stoned to death for having an affair! Legally stoned to death!

What do you think of this? Personally I'm appalled and actually horrified to even think about the reality that this is not only still a perfectly intact sentence in some parts of the world, still chosen over other options, and handed out so simply for a rather unfit crime. The worse part is she is still technically innocent, as no real evidence surfaced to truly place guilt on her.

I am extremely hopeful that heavy pressure from Human Rights Lobbyists as well as the media prevent this from taking place!

Iran is a horrible country. Woman have very few rights, human or legal, under Islam. I think the day is coming when Israel drops the big one on Iran, and after the dust clears, politicians will condemn them in public, but breath a sigh of relief in private.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Iran is a horrible country. Woman have very few rights, human or legal, under Islam. I think the day is coming when Israel drops the big one on Iran, and after the dust clears, politicians will condemn them in public, but breath a sigh of relief in private.
    Of course, if Israel does that, all hell will break loose. That's the point where the Israel-unfriendly countries will figure they got nothing left to lose since they're likely to be nuked next. Of course, there's a growing rift in Iran between the religious whackjobs and the more modern younger generation who would rather buy iPods and drink a beer than pray a half dozen times a day. The religious whackjobs are getting more and more noisy because the modernists are getting more popular support. Things got worse for a bit because of the whole Axis of Evil thing, but real social change could come to Iran in the next decade or so because of the modernists' refusal to accept these honor killings as just or right.

Although, I haven't been paying too much attention to Iran in the past year, so my info could be horrifically out-of-date.

Quote Originally Posted by bgi39jsjw0ggg View Post
    Of course, if Israel does that, all hell will break loose. That's the point where the Israel-unfriendly countries will figure they got nothing left to lose since they're likely to be nuked next. Of course, there's a growing rift in Iran between the religious whackjobs and the more modern younger generation who would rather buy iPods and drink a beer than pray a half dozen times a day. The religious whackjobs are getting more and more noisy because the modernists are getting more popular support. Things got worse for a bit because of the whole Axis of Evil thing, but real social change could come to Iran in the next decade or so because of the modernists' refusal to accept these honor killings as just or right.

Although, I haven't been paying too much attention to Iran in the past year, so my info could be horrifically out-of-date.
    I completely agree. As of late, the Iranian government has really been cracking down on the dissidents, stifling what little freedom they seek. Should Iran get nuclear capability and a delivery system, the world will be set on its edge. Under that scenario, I could see Israel making a first strike. One wonders if it would push the world into a World War III situation, or if cooler heads would prevail. It's certainly something to worry about. I always thought that the Reason Bush invaded Iraq was not because of weapons of mass destruction, but because we would have troops on either side of Iran, troops in Iraq and troops in Afghanistan. Still, it's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I always thought that the Reason Bush invaded Iraq was not because of weapons of mass destruction, but because we would have troops on either side of Iran, troops in Iraq and troops in Afghanistan.
    That was a really popular theory at the time, including within Iran. It had to be unsettling to have Bush calling you part of the Axis of Evil then basically surrounding the country. Fortunately, Bush didn't make any moves in to Iran even though though he apparently wanted to (several generals threatened to resign anything of the kind happened). Hell, just the noise was enough to get Ahmadinejad (yes Firefox, I spelled that correctly) elected.

Truthfullies

Irony = Human Rights activist getting stoned to death

Guess some guys in Iran will be getting their rocks off (Pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNamelessMonster View Post
    Personally I'm appalled and actually horrified to even think about the reality that this is not only still a perfectly intact sentence in some parts of the world, still chosen over other options, and handed out so simply for a rather unfit crime.
    The part that I see as the worst part of all, is that this is a public, bring your children and buckets of rocks, type of event they have for this. There is something wrong with people and there religion when it tells them that they should go out and stone this women. Just picture it, adults and children throwing rocks at this women, laughing, enjoying themselfs... If no one showed up to throw the rocks, then this women would probably live.

I dont see anyone stopping this death sentence for this person, simply because
    the public will take her out and stone her to death anyway.
    In 2008, 9 women were stoned to death in Iran. To give you a idea how people view this sort of treatment in there countries, 2008, in Somalia, a 13 year old girl was stoned to death in a stadium, and over a thousand people showed up for it!
    Acording to wikipedia, "A survey carried out in August 2009 found that 83% of Pakistanis believe that adulterers should be stoned"
    The problem is not only with the governments, but with the people and there religion

Making no judgements about this woman, this case, or sharia law in general, I'm willing to risk flaming by saying I've been on the planet long enough, and seen enough friends torn up by divorces and cheating women.....

There ARE some evil bitches for whom stoning is too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Making no judgements about this woman, this case, or sharia law in general, I'm willing to risk flaming by saying I've been on the planet long enough, and seen enough friends torn up by divorces and cheating women.....

There ARE some evil bitches for whom stoning is too good.
    Oh, so you've met my ex?