Thread: How should I try to find the one for me?

Default How should I try to find the one for me?

When i say one for me, i mean like a girlfriend(or boyfirend if there is a good one). I live in a family where both my siblings have a girl and boy friend, and one of them is 11. But sometimes i think I should be trying to find someone. But I don't really like flirting becuse it's just not in my nature. So what I am saying is should I be trying to flurt or is there a better solution? I don't know I think it's just me being jelous that made me wanna ask.

First of all, I want to destroy this notion of "The One". It suggests that there's one single soulmate walking around out in the world, waiting for you because you're destined to be together and everything will work out perfectly for you two. That doesn't exist. No ones waiting for you. Relationships take work and dedication. How do you meet someone? You have to go places and do stuff. Go to bars, clubs, pubs. Do volunteer work. Join a social club. Go to school or work.

Do you have to flirt? I don't know. It's kind of a courtship ritual. I'd say ya. Even if you got to know a persons through the internet, and then met in person, I think it'd still be necessary to flirt. You can't just say to a girl you just met at the bar, "Wanna be my girlfriend?" There's a step in-between. You say it isn't in your nature, but I think it is. You might be out of practice, but it's probably there.

How do you get better at it? Do it more often.

Great post Chillhouse!

Also if you get rejected or the girl is obviously not comfortable with your advances don't keep trying with her, learn from it and move on. Some guys seem to think rejection is just another way of playing hard to get and they just keep trying like we'll suddenly change our minds.

Callaghan

Exactly to both Chillhouse and Zoey, well, as far as I know. The notions of "the one" and "hard to get" are both just created by movies in an effort for drama.

As a comment of my own, mainly adding to Chillhouse: flirting is necessary to "break the ice" because if you do just ask to be boyfriend or girlfriend, chances are, they will feel either awkward or offended, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    First of all, I want to destroy this notion of "The One". It suggests that there's one single soulmate walking around out in the world, waiting for you because you're destined to be together and everything will work out perfectly for you two. That doesn't exist.
    Good point I won't use that from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by cornkid View Post
    Good point I won't use that from now on.
    Eh, not you specifically. I was pretty much referring to anyone who believes in it.