Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I live with my parents.. how do I order diapers online?

Default I live with my parents.. how do I order diapers online?

Hi there.

I live in the UK with my parents and due to the lack of decent diapers/nappies in my area, I want to order some online.

However, with my parents being at home and me being at work, I need to somehow get the postal company (Royal Mail/Citylink etc etc) to leave the box somewhere so I can collect it out of the home. Is this possible to do? I'm desperate!

Many thanks.

I don't think so... I thought you might be able to get a parcel delivered and held at a Post Office, but apparently not. You could get the parcel delivered to a friend's house (which I'm sure doesn't help much!) or rent a postbox from someone like Mail Boxes Etc. It costs 66 for 3 months, plus a 10 registration fee, a 10 24-hour access fee, and a holding fee of 0.50 per item per day. So it ain't cheap...

I wonder if anyone has used the Royal Mail PO BOX service? Any reviews of this, or how long it takes to process?

Quote Originally Posted by qasqasqqqqqq View Post
    I wonder if anyone has used the Royal Mail PO BOX service? Any reviews of this, or how long it takes to process?
    Haven't used 'em, but they are cheaper than MBE at 60 for 6-months rental, or 95 for a year.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...&catId=5200019

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstud819 View Post
    get a PO box for $20 at least that is how it works in the states
    Did you even read my posts above? I said that a Post Office box costs 60 for 6-months or 95 for a year. An independent company like MBE will charge 66 for 3-months, plus extras.

i also live with my parents my way around it was to order some that fit through the letter box as it was a sample , get some that come in discreet pakaging , get to the mail before your parents and if they ask you say you bought something or that you won something

As long as it's in discreet packaging, it should be ok. Especially if your parents are used to you ordering stuff online.
    I imagine most parents wouldn't randomly open a package that came for their offspring, but I could be wrong.

the OP doesn't say which area they live in but, surely it's not out of the question to take an hour (or more) long bus or train ride to buy from a retailer? that'll give about a 30-60 mile radius to source from, putting major towns within easy reach.
    then just stash the nappies until your parents are in bed and then take them to your room. simples.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by Shandri View Post
    As long as it's in discreet packaging, it should be ok. Especially if your parents are used to you ordering stuff online.
    I imagine most parents wouldn't randomly open a package that came for their offspring, but I could be wrong.
    Unless my parents AREN'T used to me ordering stuff online. My parents would totally open a random package.