Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Description of what plastic pants are for.

Exclamation Description of what plastic pants are for.

This is for all of you that have asked what plastic or rubber pants are for. They are used over diapers for added protection against leakes. You put the diaper on normally, and put the plastic pants up over them. Once you have them on, if you leak they will trap the wetness in between the diaper and your plastic pants instead of just leaking onto your pants. They deffinatly work as they have saved me from embarassing leaks in public several times. However, if you leak badly they will allow the wetness to get out. They also help cut down on the noise or rustle of the diaper. The only downfall is that they can trap in heat making the diaper uncomfortable.
    Rubber pants are exactly the same except they thicker and are made of rubber. I have found that they are even better at protecting you against leaks then plastic pants. The only downside is that they trap even more heat then plastic pants.
    Well I hope this answers any some of you had regarding plastic and rubber pants.

Darkfinn

Well... I don't have anything to add to that. I think he hit it on the first try.

Well there is a down side to wearing plastic pants and disposeables, it is incredibly fun but,the tapes let go, the persperation casuses the tapes to slip and or let go all together.

I loved doing it but I use my diapers when i go for my walks, and just get a little sweated up and the tapes let go, but there nothing like plastic pants and cloth diapers, you can almost wet uncontrolably, and flood if you want to without any leak for quite awile, what is nice the entire diaper gets wet before it leaks.

daria7483

Often when I wear a cloth diaper with plastic pants to sleep, I notice the next morning that the plastic pants have moisture beads on the inside even if I haven't wet, and the exterior of the diaper is also damp. I'm assuming that it's because the air in the diaper is humid, and it creates condensation between the plastic pants and the diaper since the humid air can't get out. Anybody smarter than me have a better explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by daria7483 View Post
    Often when I wear a cloth diaper with plastic pants to sleep, I notice the next morning that the plastic pants have moisture beads on the inside even if I haven't wet, and the exterior of the diaper is also damp. I'm assuming that it's because the air in the diaper is humid, and it creates condensation between the plastic pants and the diaper since the humid air can't get out. Anybody smarter than me have a better explanation?
    I think you got it right, condensation from moisture lost through your skin.
    As a tree-hugging environmentalist I glad to see another cloth user mentioning the real reason for plastic pants. Ok I like disposables too... but I reuse my cloth diapers A LOT!

Nam

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by daria7483 View Post
    Anybody smarter than me have a better explanation?
    As the dude with the backwards name () said: It's sweat! I've "wet" diapers just by sweating a lot to a point where the diaper was too uncomfortable to wear, so I had to take it off without ever having wet it in the traditional sense. And I quite often find my shirt to be soaked when I wake up in the morning - maybe I had nightmares or something, but sweating at night is quite normal.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    As the dude with the backwards name () said: It's sweat! I've "wet" diapers just by sweating a lot to a point where the diaper was too uncomfortable to wear, so I had to take it off without ever having wet it in the traditional sense. And I quite often find my shirt to be soaked when I wake up in the morning - maybe I had nightmares or something, but sweating at night is quite normal.

Peachy

I thought sweating at night WASN'T healthy...Unless it was like hot or something, but if it's not and you wake up in a sweat, then something must have happened...Either you had a nightmare, or you're sick, or something else, but I don' think it's a normal thing

I got heavyweight night time pre-fold cloth diapers from Amazon, and high back plastic pants as well. I can pee all evening and during the night and they don't leak. The only problem is if I toss and turn and the plastic rides up a little. Then my sweats might be a little damp, but that pretty well plays into my thing, anyway. But plastic pants would also protect you if your wearing something light like a Goodnight. I always wear plastic if I'm doing that. It is hot, though, and summer is a comin'.

I enjoy wearing and using plastic pants. I always wear them when in a diaper. When wearing a disposable I like to wear a pair lined with terry cloth. They help absorb the little leaks that come from disposables. Plus they are more babyish too. I wore this type when I was a little boy along with thick training pants.

Plastic pants are a great add on for protection for not-so-good disposables (*cough* depends *cough cough*) but are most useful with cloth diapers as mentioned. I have the same problem with moisture/sweat building up with plastic pants on. That combined with urine build up creates a funky smell....:yucky: