View Poll Results: Do you like horror cinema?

15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell, yeah!

5 33.33%
  • Only if it's tastefully done.

2 13.33%
  • Not really my thing.

3 20.00%
  • Keep them the hell away from me!

5 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horror Cinema - YaY or No Way?

Default Horror Cinema - YaY or No Way?

This thread is to discuss the often underappreciated genre of film - horror.

Granted, there are a lot of horrible scary movies out there - and a lot of them are coming out of Hollywood. Watered down PG-13 movies that try to reach as many people as possible, but in the end appeal to nobody - why do they even bother making those when they haven't been making that much money over the last few years?

Don't even get me started on the direct-to-DVD horror sequels - although I will say Wrong Turn 2 was surprisingly much better than the first one.

When a great horror film comes out, however, I am loving every second of it.

Here is a short list of what I consider to be truly great horror films -

The Descent
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original)
    Cannibal Holocaust
    Dawn of the Dead (the original)
    The Last House on the Left (the original)
    Three Extremes
    Tetsuo - The Iron Man
    Masters of Horror - Imprint

So, does anybody else here appreciate a great horror film when one comes along? If so, what are your favorites? If not, well, the genre is not for everybody, so I won't try to convert you. Heh.
    Last edited by KaworuVsDrWily; 29-Jun-2010 at 14:56. Reason: Fixed a typo

I love horror films. Good ones. Bad ones. All of them. My best friend and I actually have date nights and we'll see who can find the worst horror movie for us to watch. I've seen some pretty bad ones.

I LOVE horror films... as long as I have someone to cling onto. >_>

If you want an epic zombie movie, check out Dead Snow, but a forewarning: it has some very extreme, grisly deaths.

Best. Zombie Movie. EVAR.

Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    but a forewarning: it has some very extreme, grisly deaths.
    You're talking to somebody who thought Hostel was rather tame - at least in comparison to the '70s Italian horror films and the Japanese gorefests I am used to watching.

I haven't seen Hostel, or any of those... but it's pretty intense at points. o.o

I'm going to be the first in this thread to say a big fat NO!

I hate horror movies, they give me nightmares and make me paranoid. I can feel my skin crawling just thinking about it! If I watch something like that I become clingy and annoying with those around me, I can't be by myself, sometimes I'm actually sick from the worry/fear.

I HATE them!

Well, I'm a Survival Horror fan, lol, so horror movies are great. =P

I second the big fat (and now underlined ^_^) NO. That's just not my kind of film.

I love horror flicks. Even the awful ones.

Some of the classic Italian horror flicks were great and really defined so much of the genre as it is now. I'm a big Fulci fan, predictably enough.

Not particularly, not because I find them scary but rather predictable. As a result I usually fail to get scared, zombie films in particular I have always found boring although I did like Shaun of the Dead. I do like Alien, A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Others, The Exorcist and Jaws but in all honesty horror films aren't really my cup of tea.