Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AB and moms question

Default AB and moms question

I'm AB and I like when I'm treated like baby but it annoys me when my real mom treats me like little child. Ex. she worries too much about me and things what I do. My mom doesn't know anything about my ab nor diaper intrests. Sometimes I can laught at it but it depends on the situation and my mood. I know that she means good and I love her but sometimes I can't help it when I get angry at her. My question is that does your mom treat you like a little child and do you enjoy it or do you hate it?

Well, being treated as a baby by somebody who knows you're an AB and accepts it, because you've both talked about it and agreed that it will happen, is one thing ... But being treated like a child by your mom is another.

There are good and bad things about being a child and baby. Being cuddled, being put in the playpen to play, being given a bottle, watching cartoons, having your diaper changed when you're all wet and uncomfortable -- these are good things. Being told that it's time to do your chores or homework, being told to sit up straight, being put to bed early when you're not done playing, being made to eat your vegetables -- these are not so fun, although they are good for you.

The difference is that with someone who knows you're an AB, it's supposed to be fun, so you and they can focus on doing the fun stuff. But your mom mostly does not-fun stuff, because the fun stuff is for little kids, and you're not a little kid anymore, so that's not something she's going to do.

If I had someone to treat me as if I was their toddler child, I would say yes and take the not-fun stuff along with the fun stuff, but if someone offered to treat me like their teenage child instead, I would say no!

Mimic4

Time to move out. :P

That and, maybe your wants from the AB part of life aren't being worried about but something different, and furthermore perhaps being a sexual interest, you're not into your mom and you'd prefer if someone who you wanted back in that other way had those motherly feelings for you. I find that if my mom tells me to put a coat on because its cold out I'm like "WHATEVA IM GOIN OUT IN DA RAIN!" But if my (ex) told me to, I'd be more " Aww, good idea, thanks for thinking about me "

Quote Originally Posted by Mimic4 View Post
    Time to move out. :P

That and, maybe your wants from the AB part of life aren't being worried about but something different, and furthermore perhaps being a sexual interest, you're not into your mom and you'd prefer if someone who you wanted back in that other way had those motherly feelings for you. I find that if my mom tells me to put a coat on because its cold out I'm like "WHATEVA IM GOIN OUT IN DA RAIN!" But if my (ex) told me to, I'd be more " Aww, good idea, thanks for thinking about me "
    I forgot to tell that I don't live with my parents anymore but my mom harass me with phone and when I'm visiting at her.

Mimic4

xD Thats funny. But terribly ironic. Atleast it's a lot better away from home than right there with her. -- Perhaps she doesn't think you're mature enough to take care of yourself. (Despite you are, mom's are silly) You should try being ahead of the game and when she tells you to put your coat on or blah blah blah, say, HEY, Already there mom. Had my jacket on hours ago. -- Eventually, she hits this wall and realizes, omg, he doesn't need me anymore. Trust me. It worked for me. We get along a lot better now.

Thanks for your post. This is a fascinating topic. For me, AB is less about some fun fetish hobby or some sexual outlet. Rather it's about me coming to grips with my true self.

I visit home a few times each year and the dynamic with my mom and other members of the family has nothing to do with the fake outrageous stuff found in AB stories. Rather, it's real and subtle. So, yes, I do get frustrated by mom's advice or bugging etc., but guess what. I see that as my proper place, not as something to avoid. In fact, I notice that I can be short and impatient with her and I realize that I need to embrace that she is still my mom and that the fact is I am still her little boy.

Cheers.

thants a grat way to look at it

This is a funny bit of thought food, eh? Although this kind of thing is not uncommon at all in human nature. In our minds, we idealize things. An ideal relationship, an ideal slice of pizza, an ideal childhood. When fantasizing, our minds often cut out the less fun parts of what we want that would be present in reality.

For instance, people wanting to become kids again and be cared for probably don't often think about the realities and harshness of school on kids these days. Or even in the general lives of children. It's certainly not all fun and playtime. Children have responsibilities and worries too, just different ones than adults. They also don't think about the restrictions that would be placed on their freedom. Having overprotective parents who will give you advice and/or tell you to do things is the reality for many children. Even grown children, although grown children can choose to ignore it. Young kids generally can't without consequences.

So being treated as a child in reality is most likely a lot different than being treated like a child in the mind's fantasy of the typical AB. So it's not surprising that AB's hate feeling like their parents are being overprotective and treating them like a kid, since that's not the right kind of childish treatment they want. If you think about it, even among those who want to be babied again, it would probably be really uncomfortable for your parents to start doing that stuff to you again as a grown person, wouldn't it? Even though a child gets cared for by her parents in reality.

Fantasy does not equal reality. Hence why the anticipation is often more pleasing than the actual event one is looking forward to and why the saying "The grass is always greener on the other side" holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by MixyNyxi View Post
    Fantasy does not equal reality. Hence why the anticipation is often more pleasing than the actual event one is looking forward too and why the saying "The grass is always greener on the other side" holds true.
    This is why I always try and think of things in the worst way possible. If you think like that you almost never get disappointed because everything is better than you think it will be. It sounds A LOT more negative than it is.

That is my everyday life! I have speech problems (and other issues), and for some reason people feel the need to talk to me like that. They think they need to dumb it down for me or something, and talk to me like you would talk to a 3 year old. Luckily, my parents and friends dont talk to me like that, but it seems everyone else does. There has been times that I have been walking threw stores, and people have stopped and ask me if I was lost, if I was trying to find my parents, etc. When people look at you, and see you as what they picture in there brains to be a certain type of disabled, they tend to treat you like this.
    At times it really gets to me, sometimes it makes me mad, but I just try to accept that people will do this, and not let it bother me.
    At times thinking back on the situations, it makes me laugh, especially if I am sitting in my bedroom in my ab stuff, the irony