Thread: Greetings from Ireland

Default Greetings from Ireland

Hello all. I found this site a few days ago and decided to make an account - this will be the first AB/DL-related site I've participated in, so I'm pretty excited!

First, a bit about me: I'm a 22-year old student from Ireland and I've been interested in diapers since I was about thirteen or fourteen. Unfortunately diapers are fairly hard to come by here, so it was only about three years ago that I managed to get my hands on some. Good times ensued, although they're so expensive in the places I have access to that I haven't been able to buy them since. That combined with the fact that I still live at home and commute to university every day means that I'm more or less resigned to not being able to use diapers as much as I'd like for some time.

What got me thinking about diapers again is that I recently had a problem with very frequent urination, which the doctor is currently putting down to a prostate infection (let's hope it's that and not something more ominous...) For the past few days I've been more or less glued to the bathroom, and it struck me that some of those adult diapers I used to think about so much would come in handy. That sort of reignited my love of diapers, which resulted in a few idle Google searches to see if there were any communities I could try getting involved in, which quickly turned up this place. All I can say is I'm amazed and annoyed that I didn't find ADISC sooner!

I'm an English student and love to write (I'm actually working on a novel at the moment, although the aforementioned issues have made things slow going for the past few days), and used to think often about writing a diaper-related story. I might just do that now that there's somewhere to put it!

My other interests include history, philosophy, science and long-winded debates about religion, politics and the interactions between the two (I'm an atheist and generally liberal). I'm also a teetotaller, which is about as rare as you'd imagine in Ireland.

So, that's me. I'd be very interested in hearing from other AB/DLs in Ireland if there are any around.

Hi, Apax. Welcome to ADISC, I am glad you found us, too. I know you will enjoy the time you spend here. Have fun.

Hi Apax!
    Greetings from the United States!
    Yup, lots of us get into this around 11, 12 or 13 for some odd reason or another (maybe for a good reason!!!)
    All it is is an "alternative clothing preference"! LOL
    Hey, welcome to ADISC, I hope you have fun and you enjoy being an active member!
    Its great to see more Irish people joining ADISC!
    - Will