Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undercover crib

Default Undercover crib

Is it just me or does a daybed seem like a crib with one side missing?
    Has anyone used one as a makeshift crib. My girlfriend has one and I've told her it looks like a half crib. Just spin it around against the wall, then Bam, instant crib.
    I just dont think i can go full crib.
    Last edited by modeltoy1; 27-Jun-2010 at 21:20. Reason: sounded strange

Once i saw a similar bed and i also thought that"WOW!this looks like a crib!".So i think this is a very good idea and if you having guests at your house/or if you live with your parents you also don't have to hide it.Just spin it again and nobody cares about it

just get one of those temp extra side crib things, it has 2 bars that go under the mattress and add a side to it to prevent kids from rolling off the sides of the bed use at night and fold away in the morning

I've actually considered trying to jury rig a daybed into an adult size crib, considering how expensive a professionally made crib is. I'm suddenly glad I'm not the only one with these types of thoughts running through my head.

This has actually come up before... so your not the first to have the idea!!

Might be getting a new bed

Cot-like 'Day-Beds'

Obviously it's not going to be the same as being in a full size Adult Baby cot/crib (which I have had the pleasure of using on more than one occasion ), I imagine it would be a good alternative, for those who don't have the space or need to 'hide' it and will also be somewhat cheaper, as the cot/crib i've stayed in costs 700 not inlcuding a mattress (but it's worth it!!)

700euros is $860 that's more than I can afford. But I'm sure I'll find something I want.

It's actually 700GBP which comes out at a nice $1046USD....

If you want a crib that can be hidden you could get a "stealth crib" from thrashbear. thrashbear: Preliminary website

I do not own one but it is a crib that is the sides only, they go up around a regular bed, and can be taken down, or set up in only a few minutes.

Why dont people just spend $100 at menards and make there own????????????????????? I not a expert but I could have one made in less then two hours four if I sanded and painted

Quote Originally Posted by BugaBoo98966 View Post
    Why dont people just spend $100 at menards and make there own????????????????????? I not a expert but I could have one made in less then two hours four if I sanded and painted
    Simple... Not everyone has the tools/equipment or skills even to do so. The you have take into consideration it may only take a couple of hours to build, but if your want it too look good, you going to need to have drawn up some sort of plan (measurements, spacing of bars etc). All of this takes time (I know... my dad's a joiner/cabinet maker by trade and can spend days planning before beginning work.)

The cot I stayed in maybe rather expensive, but is so well built (it will easily take weight of two people sleeping in there at the same time) - You can see the guy who made it here, it's the one pictured actually ABDL Furniture. A little warning seeing the pictures on that site may make you rather jealous :p
    Last edited by LittleDan; 03-Jul-2010 at 10:23. Reason: Added a bit