Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introverted and kinky

Default Introverted and kinky

I was googleing stuff on the internet about fetishes (research ) and came across an article which was on 'The Times' website. For those of you not UK based, The Times is a UK newspaper.

I'm not sure how to link to the page but here is some of the article -

"The origins of fetishism have been much debated throughout my time in medical practice. Before Freud, fetishism was thought to be the result of conditioned reflexes implanted in early life. Fetishists are usually introverted and the introverted are readily subject to conditioning. "

I'm curious to hear others opionins on whether they consider themselves to be introverted? Are most people with fetishes (such as ab/dl) introverted?

In some ways I suppose I am quite an introverted person. I wouldn't descibe myself as outgoing. I am quite a quiet person. I'm not a loner though. I'm talkitive around my friends and family.

I know some don't consider ab/dl as a fetish and that is fine. The debate isn't really about that and I don't want to start an argument about that. I'm just curious how others feel.

I can find the article again if anyone wants to read the entire thing.

I am rather shy/introverted when I am around people I don't know however I am very vocal/active around my friends.

Loopygone

I would of said I was introverted during my developing years, at a time when *b/dl stuff started coming to the fore, but these days I'm a little more extroverted in my approach to life. I don't think you can apply it to every abdl through, I know some very extroverted people who are into this. There might be more introverted people, but it won't be by a massive amount imo.

What a curious thought, prior to coming out of the closet as trans I was a complete introvert, and my fetish was it's most poignant. After acceptance I quickly grew out of that shell and became extroverted, and it seems the fetish has subsided not to the point of disinterest only to the point that I no longer "have" to engage in it. I can choose without pressure when and where I'd like to. A very curious article I would love to read it if possible, my major is Mental Health.

Mako

We've had a topic in the past where it turned out most people here were introverts. I'm the exception to the rule where I'm prominently extroverted and I probably have the most kinks.

LilLillyKitten

I'm shy/introverted, and a loner, yet I have a lot of friends and manage to be quite gregarious in social situations... It's weird.

I'm a very complex person; a lot of people know me, but they don't know me, if that makes sense. Only a handful of people know a decent amount about who I actually am.

DominatingMommy

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    We've had a topic in the past where it turned out most people here were introverts. I'm the exception to the rule where I'm prominently extroverted and I probably have the most kinks.
    Or so you think. You haven't seen my list.

I'm very extroverted.

Thank you for the replies so far.

I see the thread about being extroverted or introvered and had a read. Interesting to hear that it turned out most were introverted. I know you can't make a sweeping generalisation to such a varied and diverse group of people with only one thing in common but it is interesting all the same. There will always been exceptions to the 'rules'.

Zoey, this is the article address:

Sex advice: I’ve developed a rubber fetish and want my girlfriend to share in it. How can I convince her? - Times Online

Interesting to hear that after your own acceptance of your trans status that you became more extroverted. I suppose that if you accept yourself and be proud of who you are then you will be much happier. I don't have to engage in the fetish all the time either but it do feel when I'm stressed out or having a bad week, indulging in this helps make me feel more at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
    What a curious thought, prior to coming out of the closet as trans I was a complete introvert, and my fetish was it's most poignant. After acceptance I quickly grew out of that shell and became extroverted, and it seems the fetish has subsided not to the point of disinterest only to the point that I no longer "have" to engage in it. I can choose without pressure when and where I'd like to. A very curious article I would love to read it if possible, my major is Mental Health.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

We're very similar

Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    I'm shy/introverted, and a loner, yet I have a lot of friends and manage to be quite gregarious in social situations... It's weird.

I'm a very complex person; a lot of people know me, but they don't know me, if that makes sense. Only a handful of people know a decent amount about who I actually am.

Quote Originally Posted by DominatingMommy View Post
    Or so you think. You haven't seen my list.

I'm very extroverted.
    Yeah, showoff, we know you're kinky*. But in a great (and great fun) way.

* On behalf of DM, I'll point out that this is NOT license to wander up to her and ask to be spanked with a stiletto while she gives you an enema with a hairbrush and urinates over the scene.

DominatingMommy

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Yeah, showoff, we know you're a freak. But in a great (and great fun) way.
    I'm only freaky with the ones I love. *Spanks you and runs off*