Thread: Body Modification Part Deux

Exclamation Body Modification Part Deux

I went to go post in the old thread and it's closed. Anyhow, figured I'd make a new one 'cus I wanted to show off my new tattoo! My Papa died recently, and I wanted a tattoo in his honour, so this is what I got done today!: (about three hours ago :P)

Keep in mind it's still a little blotchy and stuff cus I just got it done, colours will lighten up and it won't have such a pink tinge to it (which you can really see around the grass)

LilLillyKitten

I'm sorry to hear that. =( *huggles*

Very cute and pretty tat, though. =)

You poor thing, *hug* I would have to say that is a perfect tattoo, and just about the cutest one I've ever seen.

Nice.

Most tattoos are questionable at best, but you've chosen a subject that can never go out of style, and couldn't possibly be offensive to anyone.

DominatingMommy

I really like it.

That's a super cute tattoo. Sorry to hear about your dad though.

<--- just sits quietly in awe.

Words utterly fail us when it comes to the loss of someone so important in our lives. That is the time that a picture can convey more than words and emotions.

You have my deepest condolences.

*pat-pat*

Hopefully you have friends you really care still calling to check up on you. These things aren't to be done and forgotten about with the burial of your grandpa; as you and he were close, I would hope people are there for you.

On to body modification. May I shift the thread slightly by saying that I have none, and don't really have plans to get any? I'm not opposed to it, but just don't see a point in it for me. Unless it were the tattoo that I keep thinking about. But I doubt I'd get this; I don't want to have any identifying marks when I make good on our time's promise of social revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. =( *huggles*

Very cute and pretty tat, though. =)
    Thanks. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
    You poor thing, *hug* I would have to say that is a perfect tattoo, and just about the cutest one I've ever seen.
    Why thank-you. I like it lots. *hug*

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Nice.

Most tattoos are questionable at best, but you've chosen a subject that can never go out of style, and couldn't possibly be offensive to anyone.
    I would hope it's not too offensive to anyone, but even so, I can still cover it, it's not like it's a face tat, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DominatingMommy View Post
    I really like it.
    Thank-you muchly!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy View Post
    That's a super cute tattoo. Sorry to hear about your dad though.
    I almost didn't correct you when you called him my dad, because essentially, he was. But for confusions sake, he was my grandfather.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    <--- just sits quietly in awe.

Words utterly fail us when it comes to the loss of someone so important in our lives. That is the time that a picture can convey more than words and emotions.

You have my deepest condolences.
    Thank-you. And yes, words do fail, when people tell me he was a great man, there are so many things I wanna go on about, but I just don't know how. I usually just end up nodding.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    *pat-pat*

Hopefully you have friends you really care still calling to check up on you. These things aren't to be done and forgotten about with the burial of your grandpa; as you and he were close, I would hope people are there for you.

On to body modification. May I shift the thread slightly by saying that I have none, and don't really have plans to get any? I'm not opposed to it, but just don't see a point in it for me. Unless it were the tattoo that I keep thinking about. But I doubt I'd get this; I don't want to have any identifying marks when I make good on our time's promise of social revolution.
    Thanks, h3g3l. I've had wonderful friends through all of this. The amount of phone calls, texts, surprise visits, fruit baskets and flowers that were sent to myself and my family is absolutely astonishing. Not to mention the 22 hours of pay that I got from work, that I don't qualify for because of my position.

And yes, I don't want this to be a just my tattoo thread, hence the body modification part deux, haha. When you mentioned the identification part it kinda got me thinking. I'd have to cover them somehow if I ever wanted to keep things private, but meh.

I guess to get the ball rolling further I'll mention again I have another precious moments tattoo on my back, as well as my ears and nipples pierced, but that's as crazy as I've gotten, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by starshine View Post
    Thank-you. And yes, words do fail, when people tell me he was a great man, there are so many things I wanna go on about, but I just don't know how. I usually just end up nodding.
    I can understand the feeling. With the loss of my grandparents, I felt the same way, and again when I just lost my uncle a few months ago. They do so many things for you in your life that makes it so special, that it is hard to comprehend the world without them.

On the subject of body mod, mine is a little more extreme, though I didn't feel like there was much choice in the matter at the time. Have lost both testicles to severe orchialgia (excruciating pain), only way they could figure out to get rid of it was to get rid of testicles. Pain was bad enough I was glad to have them gone.