Thread: Free game contest!! (The Secrect Of Monkey Island: Special Edition)

Default Free game contest!! (The Secrect Of Monkey Island: Special Edition)

I pre-ordered Monkey Island 2 special edition on Steam. I already own a copy of the first game on there so they are letting me give away my 2nd copy. The game retails for 9.99 on steam (they both do).

Anyways I guess these are the rules.
    1. You MUST have Steam installed on your PC (can't give it to ya otherwise.. here's the link Welcome to Steam)
    2. You must tell me why you want monkey island.. do you find it fun, do you like old lucasarts adventure games, etc
    3. list the ingredients of Grog as said in monkey island 1.

Now... to be fair I guess.. each person who complies with the rules will be entered into a random drawing. After the winner is chosen by random draw, I will ask for that person's steam name, add them as a friend and gift them the game. They can then download it. I will close submissions in 3 days.

(note: if your a dial-up user.. don't bother since the game is around 200+ MB's.. sorry.. it just wouldn't be worth your time.)

Here are the system specs you will need to run the game:
    o OS: Windows XP® or Windows Vista®
    o Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    o Memory: 256 MB RAM, 512 MB for Vista
    o Graphics: 128 MB with Shader Model 2.0 capability
    o DirectX®: 9.0c (March 2009)
    o Hard Drive: 2.5GB free hard drive space
    o Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compliant sound card
    o Controller support: Xbox 360 controller

please check your computer to see if you can run this game.. it's not too intense but a computer before 1999 most likely wouldn't be able to run this,
    Last edited by Fire2box; 25-Jun-2010 at 06:33.

GaashaHuzzah

Do we PM you the answers or just post them here?

1.You can list steam names (if you want) here, or I can send a PM to the winner and request their steam name then.
    2. State why you love minkey island or why you think you would enjou monkey island.
    3. Send the trivia question answer to me in a PM. (the answer is very easy and it's really only purpose is to get people used to the style of humor that's seen in MI.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 25-Jun-2010 at 06:06.

Well, here I go:
    1. Yes
    2. I have enjoyed some adventure games in the past (Ace Attorney, Trace Memory, Professor Layton) so I figure I would most likely like Monkey Island.
    3. I'll PM you on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Well, here I go:
    1. Yes
    2. I have enjoyed some adventure games in the past (Ace Attorney, Trace Memory, Professor Layton) so I figure I would most likely like Monkey Island.
    3. I'll PM you on that one...
    So far your the only one to answer the question and yes you did get it right. As long as no one else enters you would win by default. I don't know what the chance of that happening are but.. I am running a kind of half-assed contest here (trying to make it fair and simple as possible, honest) and well it's me.. not a lot of people look at my topics a lot I think, or posts for that matter. :P

---------- Post added 27-06-2010 at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was 24-06-2010 at 10:10 PM ----------

This contest is now over.. it's been 3 days and near was the only one who actually took part. He won be default.