Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: this message is for those who cred sizes my spelling

Default this message is for those who cred sizes my spelling

OK look my spelling is bed my grammar needs a loot a LOOT OF Work I do git that ok.!.!.! I now a loot of you can't reed my spelling and for that I'm sorry.I am trying to git help for it I'm downloading tools to help but my PC is not up to date so not everything is not going to work for it OK.I do speak English that is my native tuning and it hurts win people taels me otherwise.[cry] I go On this site to remind my self that I'm not the only one in this fucking world how likes diapers not to be reminded that I'm stooped because I can't spell .[cry] [cry] [cry]
    so if you can't give me a bark than I well not get on this site again [cry] you will not half to her forum me again if that's Wat all of you want

Spearmint

I feel like I want to say something, but I'm going to go to bed cuz i'm very tired, and let someone else post before me.

dude...I get that your frustrated but...with negative two points on your rep. Why would you post this...Its like your asking for someone to give you another point taken off your rep....Having your stuff moderated sucks....dont let criticism bother you....

Miku

To be mean towards someone cause they can't spell every word right or use flawless grammar is pathetic. Nobody here is perfect, everybody here doesn't have 100% PERFECT grammar/spelling.

Then this is where I step in and apologize, Matt.

I didn't mean to sound criticizing in your other thread, and if I seemed accusing or angry or even doubtful, I apologize; that wasn't my intent.
    RawrKitty is right, we all make mistakes and none of us are perfect.
    I guess some of us are just a bit judgmental at times....

And for that, I'm sorry.

GaashaHuzzah

Unrelated- Am I the only one wondering why this is in Diaper Talk?

Related- It's not that we want you to leave, it's just that we want you to improve. You got spellcheck, that's a start.

If people have a problem with your spelling, it is them who has the problem, not you!

I totally know what it is like, and how bad it makes you feel when people make comments about it. Try to look at it this way, if people are pointing out that you have bad spelling, and give you a hard time about it, then it only shows that they have issues also.
    For instance, some people have self esteem issues and it makes themselfs feel good, like they are ultra inteligent when they put down someone else. That dosent make it okay to make comments, but it would mean that they are the one with issues and that it has little to do with your spelling.

I grew up with disabilities, and always had problems with spelling, and have always had trouble with using my hands for wrighting. I also have speech disorder that sometimes leaves me unable to talk in many situations, or the person I am talking to unable to understand me. Lucky for me, I am 26 and was born when computers started becoming popular, so I am here talking to everyone.

When I first started posting on messageboards back in 2002, I used many different assitive programs to help with spelling, but my grammer was still really bad. I stuck with it, and have slowly been learning grammer ever since. I continually get better at it all the time, but right now it is still very far from perfect. If you keep posting here (and everywere) and stay with it, it will help you, and you will make progress over time!

We know that simple spell checkers dont work for people with serious spelling issues. Spell checkers are made for people who know how to spell, but make occasional errors like everyone. Simple spell checkers do little to help people with issues like ours.
    I suggest you start by trying out word prediction software. The software is not cheap, and will run you US$200-300+, but you can try a free trial first to see if it helps. If the software does help, you might be able to contact a local organization (like a center for independent living) to get the software paid for if you cant afford it. Independent living can set you up with a person who can determine if the software is right for you, or if you need something else.

I use a assistive laptop and netbook, with a bunch of ultra crazy expensive communication software. I am using my netbook to type this post, with a program called "Symwriter". When I type out a word, as I am typing symbols apear in a list, so if I cant figure out the word/spelling I am trying to type, I can click on the symbol for it. I also use the symbols to confirm I am using the correct word, or have it read it to me with TTS to be sure. I can also use the same program to talk to people, and to make visual lists/charts/reminders. Like everything, it is not perfect, and some times I just let some unspelled words go because it can take a ton of time if I am being anal about it and try to get the spelling perfect. Symwriter is sold by Mayer Johnson and cost $230, but is only good if you know how to use and need symbols. I can post a screen shot if anyone is interested how it works.

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GaashaHuzzah View Post
    Unrelated- Am I the only one wondering why this is in Diaper Talk?

Related- It's not that we want you to leave, it's just that we want you to improve. You got spellcheck, that's a start.
    please read my above post! People need to understand that spellcheck does not work for these issues. By telling a person a spellcheck is there solution, you have total disregard to the persons issues.

Also, the people who give negative rep points because a person has a disability, that is the worst part of it all!

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    please read my above post! People need to understand that spellcheck does not work for these issues. By telling a person a spellcheck is there solution, you have total disregard to the persons issues.

Also, the people who give negative rep points because a person has a disability, that is the worst part of it all!
    And I ask you to read MY post. I didn't say spellcheck was the solution.

Here are some links to word prediction software

Welcome to Don Johnston | Don Johnston Incorporated
    typing software, fast text entry - WordLogic Predictive Keyboard
    Quillsoft - WordQ writing software and SpeakQ speech recognition

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GaashaHuzzah View Post
    And I ask you to read MY post. I didn't say spellcheck was the solution.
    I thought it was implied thats what you meant. I was wrong then, sorry

Matt does not deserve to have people giving him neg rep due to the fact that he is not good at grammar. Its asinine I tell you. I may be a grammar nazi as well, but I put up with much, much worse than this at my job. You wouldn't believe some of the things I see in my agent's case notes.