Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Lavander Town Syndrome.

  1. #1

    Default Lavander Town Syndrome.

    the following is said to be a fabricated story but something isn't sitting right with me, i believe it is true



    tell me what you think. do you think it is false or not? why do you think it is false or not? and if possible, do some research on this, i would love to get to the bottom of this.


    ~the dream chaser. sparky

  2. #2

    Default

    I have no real opinion, although my gut feeling is it's false. Logically, I can also say it sounds like any other urban legend....and more, the article itself makes no claims about it's truthfulness, going as far as to say it's false. If the article isn't even attempting to say it's true, then, I'd say it's NOT.

    Actually, googling 'lavender town tone' returns several 4chan results. I suspect this may be a piece of 'creepypasta'; a creepy story written on 4chan, and copied-and-pasted over and over on that site and others.

  3. #3

    Default

    This does sound weird, but true at the same time. I mean, they did cut the part where Gary's Raticate dies out because we're not mature enough to handle it the ESRB (most likely).

    There's a lotttttttttt~ of weird stuff in pokemon, just as much as in Spongebob. I just love seemingly innocent things that have hidden messages in them. >u<

    A good site for a lot of these weird discoveries is TRsRockin.com - We've Got Game

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by charliebonce View Post
    I have no real opinion, although my gut feeling is it's false. Logically, I can also say it sounds like any other urban legend....and more, the article itself makes no claims about it's truthfulness, going as far as to say it's false. If the article isn't even attempting to say it's true, then, I'd say it's NOT.

    Actually, googling 'lavender town tone' returns several 4chan results. I suspect this may be a piece of 'creepypasta'; a creepy story written on 4chan, and copied-and-pasted over and over on that site and others.


    Agreed. Now this is the time when I'm not ashamed to admit my 4channer status.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    This does sound weird, but true at the same time. I mean, they did cut the part where Gary's Raticate dies out because we're not mature enough to handle it the ESRB (most likely).

    There's a lotttttttttt~ of weird stuff in pokemon, just as much as in Spongebob. I just love seemingly innocent things that have hidden messages in them. >u<

    A good site for a lot of these weird discoveries is TRsRockin.com - We've Got Game
    i have never really caught most of the weird stuff in pokemon, but the scripts they had for this pokemon conspiracy were fucked up to say the least. further reading the article it explains how the marowack ghost was supposed to be a dead corpse coming from the ground with no winning script so the game freezes, and if you lose they game is fucked because it downloads an image of the corpse on the title screen and you can't pass it.... weird shit >.>

    but what thrills me is not that it's pokemon, it's just that it is a whole conspiracy involving psychological manipulation :3

  6. #6

    Default

    If two retards had a premature baby and held it underwater for ten minutes while listening to the insane clown posse, the result would be less retarded than that article.

  7. #7

    Default

    If it was real chances are I would have heard of it. According to Bulbapedia there was a difference in the music for Red and Green, a high pitched track at certain intervals but there is no mentiom of any adverse effects. And on a similar thread on a pokemon forum people there think it is fake too, so I'm inclined to say it is false.

    I have heard of songs causing people to commit suicide, one particular song was pulled off the radio because of a number of suicides (can't remember the actual one though).

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten53 View Post
    If it was real chances are I would have heard of it. According to Bulbapedia there was a difference in the music for Red and Green, a high pitched track at certain intervals but there is no mentiom of any adverse effects. And on a similar thread on a pokemon forum people there think it is fake too, so I'm inclined to say it is false.

    I have heard of songs causing people to commit suicide, one particular song was pulled off the radio because of a number of suicides (can't remember the actual one though).
    there are no mention of adverse effects because they (the programmers) were ordered by a court to not disclose any information

    ---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------



    Overview [$OVR]
    The phenomenon of the “Lavender Town Tone” is a legend that involves a bizarre spate of medical cases and deaths from around the country that have been connected to the “Pocket Monsters” (Pokémon) series of games, in particular the first two games of the series, “Red” and “Green”. Though the event is largely unheard of due to disclosure laws for companies based in the Kyoto Prefecture, there is a large amount of information that has been brought into the open by a number of dedicated individuals, including 関 内直 (Seki Uchitada) 伊勢 満朝 (Ise Mitsutomo) and 佐藤 治情 (Satou Harue), to whom this page is dedicated. Thanks also go out to 安藤 景忠 (Andou Kagetada) for providing images and animated .gifs of the visual phenomena.
    This analysis will discuss the other phenomena that is often confused with the “Lavender Town Tone”, known as “White Hand Sprite”, “Ghost Animation” and “buried alive model”, as well as the semi-related developer-tag that was inserted into the game, and how to safely perform these “easter eggs” in post-first wave cartridges.
    should have mentioned this to start >.>

  9. #9

    Default



    Also, file formats like .swf, .gif and .wav were NOT used on a Gameboy... So this is obviously fake.
    I agree with this. I call BS on this one. :B

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Dynavwryn View Post
    there are no mention of adverse effects because they (the programmers) were ordered by a court to not disclose any information

    ---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

    should have mentioned this to start >.>
    There's also the problem that the names in Japanese are ALL listed incorrectly (some of them actually use the wrong Kan'ji not only for the common naming words, but for the syllables) and that the Kan'ji used are not the ones used for those names. Nope. Fake fake fake. Even the names are fake.

    Also, there's no differing corporate law in Kyoto in that regard from the rest of Japan.


    Thirdly, the first Pokemon games came out in the same year as Flash's primogenitor ANIMATOR, which did not have the ability to do what we are discussing. :p

    All of this can be figured out with some simple googling. :p

Similar Threads

  1. Diaper Lovers with Asperger's Syndrome
    By TheWolfEmperor in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 24-Mar-2010, 01:59
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29-Jul-2009, 15:01
  3. Irritable bowel syndrome
    By leffykit in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-Jun-2009, 14:40
  4. Apparently, we have a syndrome
    By harris in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-Feb-2009, 06:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.