View Poll Results: Are Goodnites getting better or worse?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better

18 29.03%
  • Worse

28 45.16%
  • IDK/too young to compare

16 25.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodnites (poll)

Default Goodnites (poll)

OK, I am aware that there is another thread about the new Goodnites, but A) I got tired of reading after 6 pages and B) I wanted to do it in a poll, so no need to mention the other thread

So here is the question: Do you think Goodnites are getting better or worse with every "new look"?

I was around for the original XL and they were awesome imo. They were the first diaper I got my hands on. The latest round of the new ones don't fit the same. They clearly went after Underjams this time because they are softer and I am pretty sure the new fit means they're shorter. I have nothing against the softness or the prints, but they seem to keep getting smaller. Now, I do take this with a grain of salt because the product is designed for young bedwetting children, but I wonder how their profits would shift if they even just re-released the original XL as a larger size. Not only would you get customers from the *B/DL category, but also heavier/older children who wet the bed and can't fit into the current sizes. I'd even be happy if they switched the Depends pull-ups to the style of Goodnites (I hate the style they and almost any other adult pull up are). So that's my comment, all I am asking of you is to answer the poll. K, Thanks.
    Last edited by bugatti; 20-Jun-2010 at 03:10.

Not only would you get customers from the *B/DL category, but also heavier/older children who wet the bed and can't fit into the current sizes. I'd even be happy if they switched the Depends pull-ups to the style of Goodnites (I hate the style they and almost any other adult pull up are).
    I'm pretty sure they arn't aiming for the *B/DL market... And as older kids go, I'd consider it a blessing. As you're have to use adult diapers, which in most cases, are more absorbent, fit better, and are cheaper. Depends are aimed for ADULTS with problems with the aim to boost their self esteem, notice they don't call them diapers. Nice idea, but no dice in a realistic world.

GaashaHuzzah

Umm...

There's no 'I think they're staying the same' button, so you don't get a vote from this Gaasha.

From a DL point of view worse. The originals were thicker and bigger. And they did not have the anti odour stuff so they were really warm when you peed them. It also helped that they actually fit me back then.

As a bedwetter all my life I have been in goodnites since I outgrew pull-ups. I would say the newest version is an improvement. Goodnites have gotten smaller the last few years but these seem a bit bigger at least around the waist. I also think the designs are super cute.

I have yet to purchase the latest version, but I remember the ones that came out before the "trim fit" were the best.

Right now, when it comes to baby diapers and training pants, companies are trying to make them look less like a diaper and more like underwear or "jeans," thus sacrificing quality for looks.

Quote Originally Posted by GaashaHuzzah View Post
    Umm...

There's no 'I think they're staying the same' button, so you don't get a vote from this Gaasha.
    sorry. hindsight is 20/20

I have one of the new 2010 ones on now. Although they may fit tighter ( as in taking a cue from UnderJams ) they still are very nice. They did make the sides softer ( a good thing ) and the sides are indeed thinner. The side panels are also colored and that is nice too. Even being thinner, they still hold up to extended wear just fine. That is something that Pampers UnderJams needs to work on. The newest ones fit more like a hip hugger style pantie than the previous ones. As I'm only 5 into the bag of the new style, I will withhold a review at this time. I can say though that the new softer sides do Not tear up like UnderJams do. That is from using them normally ( in bed , overnight ) as they are intended to be used. I realize that I am over the intended weight range for these, but I do like them for a change of pace from my normal Tena Extra pull ons . One more item that I like about GoodNites is that the leak guards have always been and sill are very good compared to most pull ons ( kids or adult) . They contain messes very well.

Regards, Laurie
    Last edited by Lauriemsr; 23-Jun-2010 at 02:18. Reason: Spelling error

I bought my first pack of goodnites when they started putting prints on them (back when they had a really ugly burgundy/purple flower design). Although I have never worn the original all white versions I have worn every single design they have come out with since they started putting prints on them. Personally I think the newest ones are the best, maybe I'm just excited over the new designs but I'm almost done with my first pack and I really like them. Besides the designs I like the new sides, they are really comfy and they definitely hold up better than underjams. The only down side to the new ones is they do seem to be a little shorter : /