Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I were to design the best Pull up adult diaper

Default If I were to design the best Pull up adult diaper

My Wife is petite, and We recently got into goodnites. She loves them a lot.
    Last night I was studying them and I wonder why doesnt any of the adult diaper manufacturers ever use this template for making pull ups?

I am serious about this, Even the new Depend Mens underwear is basically the old style with different colors.
    The biggest innovation I have seen recently in adult diapers is the Prevail Stretch, which are closer to the toddler pull-ups than anything. Its just to bad they are not absorbant nor easy to get.

So to get to my point, If I were to create own style of pull up, I would do the following:
    1-No granny panties frill, use actual stretch elastic material

2-Bring the padding up to the top in front and back

3-Put leak guards on the sides along with a cuff around the legs to ensure no leakage

4-COLORS! make them not to childish, but not plain white, maybe stripes or polka dots or something like that

5-Keep the clothlike backing for discreet use

6- and finally, have an elastic style waistband

I would also like to see a cloth undergarment that is the same basic design of a goodnite, but with custom outer designs. I would get mine with the Incredibles on the front

So anyone who is an investor, inventor or really creative, lets make one of these and market it. I bet even the general public would like them. (well the ones who need diapers anyway...)

It's funny because I was thinking about this same sort of theing a couple days ago. Like on ABUniverse they have "recreated" and adult version of old Pampers, why don't they make an adult-style Goodnites or even better a Pull-Up. I know there is legal copyright issues around this but I'm sure there would be some way to make it happen.

Adult Pull-ups generally fail from what I've heard and experienced. However if you were going to do this all I can say is that it would need extremely good leak-guards, because that's the main problems with the ones on the market that makes them undesirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raad View Post
    Adult Pull-ups generally fail from what I've heard and experienced. However if you were going to do this all I can say is that it would need extremely good leak-guards, because that's the main problems with the ones on the market that makes them undesirable.
    yeah, but the standard adult pullups have no leak guards, and the padding only goes up halfway. the design of the goodnites is sound, the cuffs cover all the places where leaks are possible, and the elastic sides hold tight around the waist to keep it snug against your body.
    Is there a patent on the design? is there anyway to modify enough to make it a different enough to creat your own design?

We need to get the OP in touch with the guy who has the pampers templates and apparently all the gear to MAKE the things as well. There could very well be a revolution in diapers!

This is by far my most sought after diaper of all times... The adult version of the blue boys PullUps... if it were done, I would be in line waiting

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

And as a quick add-on... YES REAL SIDES (DUH LIKE REAL PULLUPS!)! Enough of the the granny-panties crap!!!!

Adult Underjams! but with leak guards and stuff!

The OP is correct I would love adult looking pull up I've purchased many styles of adult pull ups and they all suck.

I have to agree, all adult pull ups completely suck, no leak guards, no leg gatherers on most, never fits right. When adult pull ups first came to the maket, I had tried some. I was basically 2 rejected baby diapers with come sort of defect put together with some crappy material that just doesn't fit and feels like its not on tight enough, then when its hardly wet, it sags like crazy. I know this because the Depend refasten-able underwear had the old stars fabric of Huggies diapers. Then you can see the seam in the middle of it. I've always said to myself, why isn't there an adult pullup designed like Goodnites. With a little bit of thicker padding to accommodate adults bladder sizes. I don't think a company like Depend would do it just because its a way to reduce wasted product and sell defected products. That's why there's not any leg gatherers or leak guards.

I would also like to see a adult Pull up or adult size Good night type product.
    the padding many current adult pull ups doesn't come up high enough and many like other have said have no leak guards or decent elastic waist bands also the cloth like covers are like fiber glass and chafe like crazy on my inner thighs " ouch" and tha padding on many of the current products tends to bunch up fall apart making them usless.