Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss (challenge maybe?)

annierighthurr

Default Weight loss (challenge maybe?)

Is anybody else interested in a weight loss/get fit challenge for ADISC members for this summer? Summer is a time when a lot of people eat better, and get more exercise naturally, plus it's warm so you can do more things outside.

It's a reasonable goal from today to try to lose 5-20 lbs by the end of the summer, by changing your diets and/or exercise habits.

I have been working on my own weight loss for 4 weeks now, and I have lost 11 pounds out of 30 I would like to shed. I think it would be motivating to have a team of people to challenge with and check in daily or weekly.

I was just going to create a thread but thought I'd see if there's interest first.

Wow, 11 pounds in a month is pretty good, congrats!

I think I'd like to participate in a weight loss challenge. I really need to lose some weight, and start training for the Seagull Century (100 mile bike ride from Salisbury, MD to Ocean City and back). Just remember that 2-3 pounds per week is considered healthy and sustainable, and that many of the weight loss products and crash diets are not sustainable (most people put the weight back on, and quickly) and many are dangerous and unhealthy. The best way to lose weight is to reduce caloric intake, and increase activity.

Doh im trying to go the other way, gain weight. Seems just as hard as losing weight as eating more is like impossible for me.

Quote Originally Posted by IWANTHOTDOG View Post
    Doh im trying to go the other way, gain weight. Seems just as hard as losing weight as eating more is like impossible for me.
    I would be careful with that hotdog, us shorter guys need to stay on the small side, ever see a fat short guy? it isn't a pretty sight, I know I used to be one.

Take it from me it's no fun being short and fat, I'm tickled pink being small and light.

Since I gave you my old blue sleeper I lost nearly 25 lbs., that sleeper just fit me now it would fall off me.

Loosing weight is not as hard as most people make it on themselves, you don't need to stop eating you just need to eat less of just what you were eating, eat less avoid fats if you can or eat reduced fat items.

Quote Originally Posted by IWANTHOTDOG View Post
    Sounds good to me! In that case, my goal is now to lose -15 pounds over the summer!

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    Wow, 11 pounds in a month is pretty good, congrats!

I think I'd like to participate in a weight loss challenge. I really need to lose some weight, and start training for the Seagull Century (100 mile bike ride from Salisbury, MD to Ocean City and back). Just remember that 2-3 pounds per week is considered healthy and sustainable, and that many of the weight loss products and crash diets are not sustainable (most people put the weight back on, and quickly) and many are dangerous and unhealthy. The best way to lose weight is to reduce caloric intake, and increase activity.
    I think this should really be kept in mind. Anyway, I'm underweight, if anything i need to gain weight. I would like to be stronger though, so i started doing some pull ups today.

I've started my summer routine of biking. The eating less part is harder.

I hope to lose 40 pounds this summer.
    Last summer I lost 30 pounds then mange to gain 40 pounds over the fall and winter.
    If I count lent I've already lost 10 so far so good.

I would, but its just become winter here, and I'm already eating more stupid season changes hehehe might have to do an australian winter challenge lol

Well...I'm 5'11", 135 lbs. Not sure how much I can afford to lose. =X