Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion.

GaashaHuzzah

Default Abortion.

Yay, nay, or halfway?

What are your opinions on the aforementioned topic?

More children should be aborted. The price of Foeti has risen to rather absurd levels. I can only afford my famous Big Mistake, Little Fix stew once a month now.

DominatingMommy

Having lost 2 pregnancies myself, I am very much against abortion as a choice for myself.

This is one of those issues that I straddle the fence on.

All life is valuable to me and thus I believe should not be taken in vain. I understand that it is a necessary evil though. If I were pregnant and had complications and my partner had to choose between the baby living or myself living, I know he would pick me every time.

I do not support the use of abortion as a method of birth control though.

This is a very sensitive subject.

I think every child ought to have a chance at life.

If a woman wants to have an abortion she may, I may not agree with it but its not my choice.

As a medical procedure to save the life of the mother I support abortion.

As a birth control I detest it.

It is hyperbole now but in a few years may not seem so radical a reasoning.
    I see abortion as birth control being a short leap to euthanasia, and another to selective population control to weed out any undesirable unfortunate enough to be afflicted with a disability.
    Last edited by Khaymen; 18-Jun-2010 at 05:09.

Butterfly Mage

Being male, my feeling is that I should have no say whatsoever in how a female manages her body's biological processes. Period. My opinion on abortion law is this:
    -- Are you a man? Then STFU.
    -- Are you a female that is against abortion? Then don't have one.

Kratos

I would say halfway. If the birth would in danger the woman's life, rape, or if it is just the first few weeks where it is just a group of cells, then yes. If the woman doesn't tell her man to use a condom, then no. If you don't want the kid when your man didn't use a condom then you should put it up for adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Being male, my feeling is that I should have no say whatsoever in how a female manages her body's biological processes. Period. My opinion on abortion law is this:
    -- Are you a man? Then STFU.
    -- Are you a female that is against abortion? Then don't have one.
    Yep, this sounds like a good way of looking at things. It should be 100% the choice of the woman in question (and possibly her partner). I don't see why so many people feel the need to force their anti-abortion views on everyone.

As a form of birth control, it's utterly stupid anyway. The side effects are, I believe, completely hideous, so no one would willingly use abortion as birth control. But it's still useful if regular birth control fails (and emergency contraception isn't going to help in that situation, because unless your failed contraception is a condom splitting, you're not going to know that you're pregnant until long after the usefulness of emergency contraception expires).

I see no benefit in adding even more "unwanted" children to the world's population. The planet is overcrowded as it is, and we certainly don't need even more children given up for adoption.

But I don't buy into the "life begins at conception" (or, at least, life worth saving) concept.

Kratos

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    But I don't buy into the "life begins at conception" (or, at least, life worth saving) concept.
    Neither do I. They need to say how a group of cells is a life already. I don't think it is alive until it is able to live outside the womb, even if it is supported by a machine and all the other stuff that would keep them alive.