Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how often do you clean your house/apartment?

Default how often do you clean your house/apartment?

Is it more a once a week type thing or a little bit of stuff gets done each day?

Part of our home gets cleaned each day. The cycle continues until all rooms have been cleaned, then starts over. Of course the kitchen and family room get cleaned daily.

About once a week to two weeks.
    (dishes and stuff every day)

Then a big clean every 4-6 months.

I don't clean the house as often as I should. The kitchen and living room are pretty clean, but both rooms definately look lived in. My home office is a total disaster, I meant to clean it up over the winter months, but it didn't happen. The guest bedroom is very neat and clean, I like to provide my friends and family a clean and comfortable sanctuary when they visit. The bathroom is exceptionally clean and sanitary, I can't stand a messy, dirty privy. My bedroom, however, is quite another story. It looks like the bedroom of a rather untidy, 6 year old little girl. My teddy-bears and dolls are scattered about, I have clothes that need to be put away, and basically everything needs to be put back in it's proper place. I really should clean it up.

I go in cycles. Now it's a mess as I'm working on the yard and my van but normally I try to do a little every day. Living alone makes it hard, so much to get done so little time.

I'm in a one room apartment with no room mates. What is this cleaning thing you speak of? Is that when you clear up some room by cashing in the empties or what?

In all seriousness, it's sporadic. I clean when someone's coming over, but if no one is I'll keep it clean enough not to smell and that's about it. Otherwise I need to be motivated to clean.

You're supposed to clean?

Of course I'm married, so some things happens whether I want or not. Then I spend weeks trying to find my stuff.

Worst is the garage. After she gets in there, it costs me hundreds of dollars to replace tools she "put away" in places that I can't find and she can't remember.

Butterfly Mage

I don't clean often enough. I am a slob.