Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a NUK 5 question

Default I have a NUK 5 question

I have a NUK 5 question. I've been wanting one for a while but I have a question.
    I know the NUK 5 is the right size for an adult's mouth, but every one I've seen has a regular sized guard. Do they make a "to scale" pacifier for adults with a NUK 5 nipple and an adult sized guard so the paci looks right instead of kind of "off" because of the small guard with a large nipple.

well im not sure, i got on from cozy and dry thats a bit bigger than a normal shield but you see the nuk 5 is actually made for kids who have pallet problems so i dont think the likely hood of finding one with a adult shield is all that great

They don't, the size of the sheild is perfectly fine I think. It also makes it much easier to hide in a pocket.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 14-Jun-2010 at 06:44.

I agree with Fire2box. The size of the shield is good as it is. The baby pacifiers are smaller than the NUK5's shield anyways.

The stock shield on mine comes to just under the bridge of my nose. I don't think I'd want something bigger than that.

I have some NUK3's and a single NUK5. The NUK5 does have a larger guard, but I have only seen it in white, while the NUK3 comes in colors.

The white NUK5 (unmodified) has a larger guard. Modified NUK5s use NUK3 guards, which I find too small. As for reaching just under the bridge of my nose... My NUK3 only does that if I use it upside down. My NUK5 doesn't even go that high right side up. Having gotten a proper NUK5 I wouldn't pay to have it modified. If I really wanted I could spray paint it or something, after taking proper precautions to protect the nipple, but I am fine with how it is. It's not like you can see it once it's in your mouth...

Thanks for all the responses. I guess your right. It really isn't a big deal that the shield is smaller, it's the nipple that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    It's not like you can see it once it's in your mouth...
    I told you all Zep's a freaking vampire.. he can't see his own reflection in the mirror!! ::pulls out the wooden stakes and garlic::