Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compulsive Eater

Exclamation Compulsive Eater

I love cheese, and unshelled peanuts. They are soooooooo good you can't help eating it to the point you throw up all night and still want more...

I also love salami, Popsicle, crackers, Pez, <EDIT> chocolate covered raisins.

The only thing that made me throw up was the unshelled peanuts, it was probably because i ate alot of it.

I found this link.

I have no idea what to do about any of it.

~Katey~
    Last edited by Traitor; 19-Jun-2010 at 16:55.

BernardFx

How does a cheese addict defend against the cravings and the pushers? No, you donít need to go through rehab or take naloxone. Dr. Barnard, in his book, Breaking the Food Seduction, suggests a three week diet limited to whole grains, vegetables, legumes and fruit, together with vitamins B12 and D. He counsels going cold turkey (hold the swiss) for just 3 weeks and youíll find the cheese cravings will subside.
    That same page answered your question! Well, I loooooooove cheese, and, in truth, I eat it a lot, well, used to eat it. I went on a diet, and cheese wasn't in the list I should eat. So, another solution is going on a HEALTHY diet.

Oh, and tell someone to lock the cheese and peanuts up somewhere. ^^

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by Katey View Post
    I love cheese, and unshelled peanuts. They are soooooooo good you can't help eating it to the point you throw up all night and still want more...

I found this link about it and i don't know what to do about it.

~Katey~
    I'm the same way about food (not to the point where i get sick though). I think it has less to do with addiction, and more with the fact that I'm a teenaged boy :/

Quote Originally Posted by BBFx View Post
    Oh, and tell someone to lock the cheese and peanuts up somewhere. ^^
    I can't bring myself to do it. I love cheese TOOOOOO much.

BernardFx

Maybe try using a substitute? Like ham!

If it's that serious, you could see someone about it. There's a professional for everything, maybe someone could help you out.

Maybe you could gradually let it go over a longer period of time, like less cheese every week. You'd still have to have some willpower to stop, but it might work.

Oh I know what you mean, though I never had cravings that made me eat until I was sick. But I know what it's like for something to be soo gooood you can't resist having more until it's gone; for me many things fit that bill at different times: unshelled nuts also, mandarins, crab, roast beef...

Not to mention this one amber ale... I would go to bed, then try to sleep... and pad over to the fridge, take a tiny swallow... try to sleep some more... and then back to the fridge... nursing it to make it last...to extract every bit of heavenly goodness from it...

I would try to curb your cheese eating or at least find a healthy alternative to cheese, your not too you to get a high cholesterol and cause yourself harm, if you are thin it doesn't mean you have low levels of cholesterol fat in your blood can and will lead to heart disease and blockage of the arteries.

If you are overweight already you just making the problem worse, I was a little short fat kid I know all about overeating.

LilLillyKitten

This is how pickles are for me... If I have a jar of kosher dill spears, omg; they're gone within 24 hours if I am the one who purchased them.

Solution? I don't buy kosher dill spears very often. =)

Sometimes, you just have to resist your cravings.