Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Defence

Default Self Defence

Ok, well today I just got into a small fight. I had just gotten off the school bus and I went around his especilally large female student. When she said excuse me I turned around and said I was sorry. My friend next to me was talking crap and the girl was telling him to say it to her face. When he didn't she started to talk crap about him. Me being me I turned around and got into her face. When I wouldn't move she pushed me. When she did that I grabbed her arm and twisted it.

Now even though she was a female I find this fine because 1) She attacked me first 2) She started the entire thing in the first place 3) I already had said sorry.

What is your opinion and also since it didn't start at school and it happened in a public place can I still get in to trouble at school?

technically if the bus was still thewre it counts as school grounds but if it was anything to get in trouble the bus driver should have intervened i tink you did what you had to to help your friend i personally would have done the same thing
    Last edited by jackalpup; 07-Jun-2010 at 21:37.

this isn't a technicality, you turned around and got into her face because she teased your friend. why not avoid confrontation in the future and walk away? I understand manly desires to defend friends, but the way i see it, you broke the law just as much as she did and are both accountable for your mistakes.

I'm gonna go with handfulofoats on this one. You started it. As soon as you started getting into her face, you escalated the confrontation. You really should have walked away. Besides, it isn't nice to make fun of people. And yes, in most states, the school is responsible for ensuring students get home safely. Thus, you can in fact face disciplinary action from your school. Perhaps you should re-title the thread "Why I think it's okay to hit a girl".

It probably would have been best if you just walked away physical conflict will not solve the problem only make matters worse and even more to get worked up for a tease does not justify the reason for getting into a skirmish. Please do be more careful next time. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by handfulofoats View Post
    this isn't a technicality, you turned around and got into her face because she teased your friend. why not avoid confrontation in the future and walk away?
    Better yet; I didn't get into any fights in highschool because I'm good at diffusing a situation. Maybe you could have talked to both the girl and your friend and told them to simmer. Probably would have turned out a lot better then fighting back or just walking away.

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    Perhaps you should re-title the thread "Why I think it's okay to hit a girl".
    Well, okay, if it was a big bear of a woman full of testosterone, I think it's just as okay to hit her as it would be to hit a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Better yet; I didn't get into any fights in highschool because I'm good at diffusing a situation. Maybe you could have talked to both the girl and your friend and told them to simmer. Probably would have turned out a lot better then fighting back or just walking away.
    this is a good idea! i don't know why i didn't bother to think about talking about it, except they got off a school bus, which tells me they're too young for diplomacy. still, it's a ton better than fightin'

Quote Originally Posted by handfulofoats View Post
    this is a good idea! i don't know why i didn't bother to think about talking about it, except they got off a school bus, which tells me they're too young for diplomacy. still, it's a ton better than fightin'
    Pfft! I've been stopping people from going at it since grade 3. I don't think there is an age where we're too immature for talking it through.
    Last edited by Chillhouse; 07-Jun-2010 at 23:09.

You get in trouble because in the United States, the school is responsible for anything that happens between when you step on school property in the morning until you get onto your property at home. This is so they can hold you accountable for student on student fights, as well as so you don't get arrested for aggravated assault, you just get suspended or expelled. Your friend isn't a witness, and depending on how credible you've been in the past, you might get away with a slap on the wrist or a mild suspension.

Her fault, not like you were out looking for a fight with a woman. You did want it to go any farther by getting in her face, but she like those tards at public schools she definitely started it all.