Thread: AB/DL/TB in good context

Default AB/DL/TB in good context

When I see AB/DL/TB in the media, it usally gets portrayed as a bad thing, or a pedifle type of stuff. It really peeves me off too, to the piont where I want to make an animation under my pen name as MrKittyKat, that shows AB/DL/TB in a normal life of a person(s), that portrays us in a good way. I want it to be somthing like this...
    A group of freinds, one is a TB/DL/AB, that attend highschool. I want it to be a funny/cute (but not that rasist or discrimitive crap comedy, nor somthing that makes us look bad), and it would be about all the issues of a normal life as a teenager plus the addition of the TB/DL/AB thing.

Now, I need some help, what do you think could be done/added/ how should I bring it up etc.
    I want to know what you think it should be about and how it should be made etc.

The animation is going to be 2D

Any aditional things to be stated would be apreiciated, Thank you.
    Tell me what you think!
    Last edited by MrKittyKat; 05-Jun-2010 at 08:23.

I don't know that it's really possible to show this in a positive light to someone who isn't interested. More positive, certainly. You stated some of the obvious things to avoid yourself but people don't react badly to this because of some vast conspiracy, it's because it's odd behavior.

Still, I'll take a shot at it. In the context of what you have proposed, the most neutral thing that occurs to me is to do a short that shows this collection of friends behaving like regular teens in a completely normal but engaging situations for really short periods (5-10 seconds) coming in at the middle of whatever scene, and giving them a chance in that situation to establish their public character, then wipe and go to the next scene/situation. When you've settled this to your satisfaction on the public side, you then go private. One scene for each character that shows what drives them in private. None of them should be shown negatively. I suppose it doesn't have to be a fetish type thing but it should be unusual and something that can be quickly discerned visually. Ending scene, they're back together in their public "normal" personas with no one the wiser.

This is probably more work than you were thinking but I think showing the broader base of oddness is the only way to give a context rather than just a pro-ABDL piece of propaganda. Yes, ABDL stuff is strange but so are other things that people do and like and that doesn't make a person bad for doing or wanting that. I hope this was helpful for you. Keep us posted on what you wind up with.

Thank you Trevor, and I am expecting this to be alot of work, it may take a couple of months before things actually get started like writing and stuff, yet alone the actuall animation part if it.

Still, I'll take a shot at it. In the context of what you have proposed, the most neutral thing that occurs to me is to do a short that shows this collection of friends behaving like regular teens in a completely normal but engaging situations for really short periods (5-10 seconds) coming in at the middle of whatever scene, and giving them a chance in that situation to establish their public character, then wipe and go to the next scene/situation. When you've settled this to your satisfaction on the public side, you then go private. One scene for each character that shows what drives them in private. None of them should be shown negatively. I suppose it doesn't have to be a fetish type thing but it should be unusual and something that can be quickly discerned visually. Ending scene, they're back together in their public "normal" personas with no one the wiser.
    That is very good, I wasnt going to make the show revolve around TB/DL/AB-ism 100%, that it would be juat a big part of the show. I also dont want to show it in a sexual way or any manner of that. I was going to make this shown publicly on the internet when it is done. I very much apreciate the post, thank you.

Please any other Ideas, comments on what you think on this, or ANYTHING related to this would be greatly apreiciated.

If you were going to do something like this. I'd definitely agree with Trevor. The point isn't really to try and convince people that *B/DL ism isn't weird or convince them to like it, just that everyone does weird shit and for some people it's this. Really though I think most people understand that, it's just that the media isn't going to report on mostly normal people who just do this for fun and behind closed doors, because that's not news.

If I were really going to show something to someone to try and get them to understand *B/DL ism the best thing would just be a concise list of "This is what *B/DL ism can mean to people" and "This is what *B/DL ism certainly is not", then perhaps a breakdown of some of the sort of peripherals to the term, unique language, common practices etc, maybe even some anonymous quotes from people explaining briefly what they get out of *B/DL ism. That way it would quickly and concisely define what *B/DL ism IS, to those who have the wrong idea, and then explain a bit more specifics, and finally give the reader an idea of what this "does" for people, as I know sometimes those who aren't part of the community have a hard time understanding why or how someone would like this sort of thing.

Something like an infographic would work really well, just something that can quickly and easily give some sort of definition to an otherwise unknown and rather odd activity. Obviously it's not going to be a comprehensive definition, because *B/DL ism means something different to each person, but it might be an interesting idea to get a comprehensive list built by the community of what *B/DL ism can mean.

That's quite an interesting undertaking, MrKittyKat. I look forward to veiwing your work when your project is complete.

uh, okay I think people are miss-understanding what I mean. I'm not trying to convince people that it isnt weird (weird definition: is somthing abnormal/unheard of, in your everyday life). I am simply making an animation that is about freinds, how they support each other/ react to these situations, and deal with it in their everyday life, in a respective comedy way.
    My goal is too, not convice or force anything onto anyone at all, it is to simply show/give understanding on TB/DL/AB-ism, and that alot of the times it isnt bad at all. Do you understand what I am saying? It just so happens that alot of the media's take on TB/DL/AB is quite harsh, they think that all of us are pedos and whatnot. By making an animation that shows it is not allways a bad thing, it helps contribute to the true understanding of us (most of us).

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

That's quite an interesting undertaking, MrKittyKat. I look forward to veiwing your work when your project is complete.
    Thank you fifigal, much aprieciated

curiousitykitten

id say make an illustrated story about a boy that doesn't quite fit in because he wears diapers, but his friends accept him because they love him...something with text. Animation is good for comedy and whatnot but it can be interpreted in different ways unlike just plain text. I think the boy should be incontinent but become an ab.

id say make an illustrated story
    I was going to make an animation (I dont know what style it will come out as, mabe cartoon, mabe anime?)

What I have for characters so far/the rough outlines of characters
    freind#1 recently moved to a new city and attending a new highschool, is a TB/DL, meets up with new people and they all become freinds
    freind#2 a incontent person who is/was ashamed of wearing diapers but after meeting freind#1 and finding out his secret of being TB/DL, he or she then becomes comfortable (or somthing within those lines) with it
    freind#3 never heard of of TB/DL/AB, and becomes confused after discovering freind#1's secret
    freind#4 nothing so far
    freind#5 nothing so far

I think there should be 5 freinds in total, and thats as far as I have gotton character wise.

curiousitykitten
    I was thinking of doing that too and now I am going to go with it, thank you

i would have it talk about how people judge others on the extreems of the groups.. like for instance when someone says "gay" some would think of two guys kissing and even groping in public...
    but no one thinks of the two guys just.. holding hands.
    thats because people want the SHOCK AND AHH! not the "okay they are just a little bit diffrent.

A noble deed for a noble cause. Just be sure to include somthing about us not being pedophiles... if fact, once of the reasons I personally havent "come out with it" is that I do not want people to associate me with them, even if they are mistaken. Im sure many feel as strongly as I do, so if your going to make a few main points in your film, please make it clear we're not a bunch of kiddie-lovers.