Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lurkers of the site

Default Lurkers of the site

Simple question. I'm curious...Why do you lurk? Are you afraid to post? Don't have the time? Just dislike the active members? What? I'm curious.

I have nothing to post about and lot of diaper threads don't interest me. They are all the same. If I find a interesting thread, I click on it if the title clicks my curiosity. If I have something to contribute, I will post it. Lot of times I am shy creating threads and the last couple times I got told they were blog posts and well that's a reason for my shyness.

Plus I have a short attention span so I don't read all posts and if something bores me, I skip it. I can't concentrate on it or even comprehend what I am reading. Long posts I usually skip unless it's something interesting, same as if the person responded to one of my posts. I think it's rude to not read posts when you post a thread because people use their time to make a reply to your OP and to post a thread and to not read any off the responses is rude, even if a response is long, I think you should still try and read it. I don't care if you have ADD or whatever. I have it too and I still try and read a long reply to my post. If you can't read long replies, don't bother making a thread asking for advice. Unless you say "No long replies please" so that way people won't waste their time making a post to you knowing it won't be read.

As Calico said, I reply if I have something to add, otherwise I just read topics that sound interesting and take in the opinions of other members. Most of the topics involving what type of diaper to use, or what paci to get, etc I cat really offer a suggestion to so I just stay quiet.

I'm not personally afraid, I just don't always think I have anything valid or relevant to post all the time. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    Simple question. I'm curious...Why do you lurk? Are you afraid to post? Don't have the time? Just dislike the active members? What? I'm curious.
    Well I guess I could be considered a lurker, I like to read other peoples topics and learn things, I don't post that often, because I don't know what to say. And I haven't got to know most people here.

You know, asking people who only really lurk without posting to post an answer to your question is only slightly brutally ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    You know, asking people who only really lurk without posting to post an answer to your question is only slightly brutally ironic.

He figures they would post here.

Because I'm not good enough. I've learned this awhile ago...

I guess I'm not as big of a lurker as I was, but most of the time I don't post is just due to having nothing to say or add. The rest of the time, I think, is more so out of "fear" (best word i can think of to explain it) then anything else (this is fairly rare though).

As others said before, most times I just don't know what to write. I'm not the kind of person who likes to comment on posts that don't touch me in some way. Me writing "oh, I'm so sorry for you" or something alike won't help anybody, so I rather keep quiet. And sometimes another user already posted pretty much exactly what I would have written and I don't want everybody else to have to read the same things over and over again. In general, I don't think I've got the right to lecture others or tell them what to do. Thus, I only post if I think I can really contribute to the discussion. I rarely start threads myself, because I often think my questions or thoughts are too stupid to be posted. Guess I'm just too shy sometimes.